Thursday, August 01, 2024

Terengganu -Part 3 - The wet market

 



I tagged along with my niece Rubina and nephew Farouq to the Fish market one morning just to have a taste of the 'Pasar scene" which I love to do from an early age. I enjoy the sights and smells of fish and various other items that were a feast in itself to the senses. One of the fondest memeries i have with my grandmother was going to the market on Kuantan Road, in Georgetown, Penang.



It is for me a habit to immerse myself into the environment and absorb whatever that it has to offer. It used to be to settle my curiosity when I was a kid but as I got older it is more like recollecting the sights and scenes that one often take for granted growing old and visiting these places becomes a chore than an adventure.




This was at the Pasar Cabang Tiga in Kuala Terengganu where my Niece does most of her shopping and as you walk along behind her you notice that she is no stranger to the Fish mongers and vegetable sellers. 


This morning my niece was looking for a special kind of fish called Ikan Patin, a type of rive or fresh water fish highly sought after for its unique taste and texture. This when cooked with fermented Durian, or the King of Fruit is a delicacy, one of my favorite dishes and Rubina has mastered the preparation of this dish.
Life is a boredom if you allow it to be so, however with a little effort and enthusiasm one can turn a boring day into one that is memorable for the rest of you life, your choice; this is free will.

No comments: