Tuesday, March 27, 2018

What is the Connection between Allah and Buddha?

“Look towards that person who looks towards you. Love that person that loves you, listen to that person that listens to you and give your hands in his hands that are prepared to grasp it.” 
― Hazrat Abdul Qadir Jilani


"The very peak of playfulness is also an expression of the ultimate possibilities of Yoga."
    Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev. -Story of Krsna

The two quotes above came through my reading on Hazrat Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani and listening to Sadguru on You Tube, they are words of wisdom that i deemed worth noting for my own awakening. For as long as I am alive and am able to function cognitively as well as physically, I will pursue knowledge from every available source among which also includes having discourses with wise men if and when I get a chance to; these are becoming a rare specie or so it seems, as rarely do i come by men who speak their minds and hearts over matters of the soul. one or two i have hoped to develop a connection with to dat has proven too obtrusive in their manners of presentation that i find it hard to keep up with. it seems the ego speaks louder than the spirit when you get to know them better. These remain my good friends but not someone I can confide in when it comes to matters of my well being.
   
It is said, "Only a Buddha knows or recognizes a Buddha, " it is not condescending to feel oneself a Buddha, which one is, but it is a matter of principle of choice when it comes to making a contact or a relationship this late in life. One chooses with clarity and with unprejudiced or unbiased insight into the nature of the one that is to become one's acquaintance on a spiritual level. A poor choice can drag you down or smash you against uncharted rocks in the course of a relationship and place you where you have tried so hard to be free from. Trusting no one but yourself O Ananda, this is the road to liberation, the Buddha spoke to His cousin as His final words of advice before he departed into Pari Nirvana, the Non Returning state of annihilation  of the self, "I,Am No More."

Yes most of my friends would have no idea whatsoever of what I am yapping about, some might even accuse me of being highly obtrusive myself in matters of the soul. I am perhaps counting sheep that don't belong to me as i borrow from here and there the drops of nectar of wisdom and use them to simply express myself as a blogger; perhaps. However bear in mind that, I am also a born again Muslim who is trying the pray five times a day and not doing it well at that. As a Muslim, I am tied ot the principles of islam that is uncompromising when it comes to the understanding of faith and devotion. It is my soul that is at stake here no less, if i fail in coming to a complete conciliation over my spiritual understanding thus far I am looking at the damnation of my soul to hell for my ignorance. Hence it is imperative that I make every effort in coming to a complete and perfect understanding of who I am and where do i stand where my Lord and Creator is concern.

I am looking at myself from the perspective of one who has been given a choice of taking a road less travelled on this spiritual journey. I am deeply privileged for this honor despite all the trials and tribulations, the doubts and despair moments, the self abusive and anger ridden episodes along the way; I feel like I am one of the chosen ones or God's great sense of humor and playfulness. I have waded through the quagmire of life heedlessly and at the end of the day found myself entering Islam through the side door of the mosque; the house of God. Deep within I feel that i have yet to be received with full pardon, there are still mush to be purified and cleansed before i can truly admit the I am a true Muslim or that God has accepted me unconditionally. No, i am still swimming upstream searching for my time and place to rest my wearied soul and accept what lies beyond. 

Life is Leela, or play according to Lord Krishna and it is not wise to take life all to seriously as it is after all is an illusion or Maya. The mind creates what is and what is created mentally is never permanent, that which is eternal is elusive and as such one is trapped within a web of the Nirmanakaya Loka or the Earthly manifested realm of the Historical Buddha. In this realm of existence man is subjected to being held in bondage of pleasure and pain, good and evil and so forth as dictates by the dual thinking mind. It is to become liberated  from this realm of existence that the Historical Buddha,  Gautama or Prince Siddhartha came into being as a Bodhisattva for the final time for the benefit of sentient beings.

 The riddle here is, how does one make a strong connection between Allah and the Buddha?           



  







No comments: