Saturday, March 31, 2018

Only fools dare where angels fear.

Yesterday, Friday, the Imam at the mimbar or pulpit was talking about the powers of Zikrullah, the repetitious chanting of the various verses or just the Names of Allah. I feel zikr is one of the most potent means of remembering the Lord and it is also a great means of purifying the mind from useless thoughts. I normally just say Allah with every breath I take or to be more accurate, Allah when I take in a breath and Hu when I let out and this has a very soothing effect on my mind and most assuredly will bring my mind to a more focused state. I also feel that when one is going into deep meditative state it is wise to carry along a spiritual 'shield' as a protection against unwonted elements that often tries to infiltrate an empty state of consciousness in a man. Like, hey, no one is home lets check this guy out and the rest is history as soon you find yourself playing host to a few unsavory characters squatting in your living room and you wonder why your meditation practice is not working out.

By constantly reminding yourself, if not your mental state, of the highest of powers that you place your faith into, it is like forging an armor as a protection against 'attacks' from negative elements and energies, some call them demons, Jins, shaitan, iblis, among other popular names, if one is more leaning towards Islam. Other faiths and religions have them too no doubt like Mara and his cohorts in Buddhism and warlock and witches devils and ghosts in Christianity, evil spirits that threaten to overcome you at the least provocation and create discord in your life if you are not aware. These malevolent entities or bad energies, why, some might even call them aliens, enjoys sneak attacks and often creeps into your space or consciousness undetected until it is too late; oh no, he/she is being possesed. I can quote many incidents in my life where this hocus pocus, mumbo jumbo kind of thing really happens but it would be too much for the skeptical mind to digest as it is. All i am attempting here is to warn against the unseen perils against certain spiritual practices done without the guidance of a good teacher. As the saying goes, be aware that shit happens even when your intentions are good, especially  when your intentions are good.

The gist of it is, to be careful and take precaution whenever you decided to embark upon a meditative or other spiritual venture hidden in some cave 'clouds hidden, whereabouts unknown,' just have a safety first attitude Lock yourself in  cocoon of protective spiritual net, surround your environment with a wall of flames if you can and last but not least, ask for the permission for your being there and doing what it is you are about to do, lest it is an intrusion into someone else's dimensional space that you are not aware of. 

What I have shared here is some of my personal experiences and accumulated knowledge over the years having been exposed to both the Eastern and Western thoughts and practices in spirituality. In doing so I realize for myself that I am regressing in my practice and understanding thus far, like all these are purely mental formations that has no hold or authority over my consciousness. As I am the master of my thoughts and consciousness and will always be so no matter what the conditions may be. However it 's for the sake of sharing knowledge that i look back and connected the dots to come to a realization that some things are needed to be shared no matter how trivial they may seem ; especially when one's sanity if not soul is at stake. The deeper you get into knowing the truth about who you are the thinner the sheet of ice you walk on.  









     

No comments: