Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Kota Bharu 14th. March 2018



I am making this entry while eating my breakfast of friend rice and fried fish crackers or fritters, locally known as keropok ikan which was prepared by Fadliy’d wife, Ayu. No one home or so it seems and so I am left to my devices I have woken up and performed my Fajr or subuh prayer of two rakaats or prostrations and whispered to my Lord for my redemptions and my gratefulness on my second and last sujud or prostration as I was informed earlier in my life that this is the best time and moment to have a good chat with The Lord of Mercy. I never miss to ask for forgiveness for my sins of the past present and future while also expressing my gratitude for having been blessed with His Infinite Compassion in seeing me through my difficult times as well as my good times. I also ask for His protection against and taking refuge from such thing as falling from His grace and incurring His wrath, from my own egotistical tendencies and His ‘Tests’ of my faith in Him. When I felt like it was okay to do so time wise, as I was of the understanding that one should not stretch too long at this posture while in prayer. I would also ask that all my children wherever they are and in whatever situation they may find themselves in, that they be in His Guided Mercy.

The dawn prayer is usually followed by a short sitting meditation or Zazen which often ends up into an inner contemplation of events occurred the night or day before and sometimes a personal dialogue with my Maker, asking why and why not. This is followed by about an hours worth of Yoga like stretching exercises beginning from the seated position and ending with a stand up to a ‘Suria Namaskar or salutations to the sun, a Hatha Yoga series of exercises and if I am at home I would work t in front of the mirror with dumbbells and followed by my bamboo staff. Yes, I do this almost every morning as much as I could and am not just writing to impress myself or anyone else for that matter; it helps to start the day. 

I was at the hospital yesterday evening during the visiting hours and found her alone as her two children had left to find a cheap hotel and also to do their laundry and catch up with some rest. I sat with my niece and had a good chat while also feeding her the medication and later her dinner. I spent almost two hours listening and answering her questions about the mundane stories of my life but I could see that she was happy my being by her side. She broke down and cried when she mentioned about her youngest daughter and I felt for her anguish at having to go through such a painful event in her life; she is 43. She informed me that in the last four days of her being at the ward five people had passed away and two in the bed next to her; not good!
The only thing that was being done to her it seems was the drawing of her blood about six times a day until they could not find w here to draw it from after so many piercing. After prodding an attending nurse we were told that her CAT scan would be done on the 20th. Of the month which means that she has to wait for another week before any significant thing would be carried out as far as her healing is concern. Where do I even begin to scream at the inefficiency of the manner in which the hospital is managed. Should I begin with how bad the mosquito infestation is or the inattentiveness of the staff to the needs of the patients? How about the security guards who are apt to be more rude and aggressive than their counterparts guarding the bank?

 “No you cannot go in , the doctor is with the patient now!”  
“Yeah? But I am the one who is going to care for the patient she is my wife, I should know what the doctor has to say, knowing this I can better care for her. My wife is not going to tell me if she has cancer or very ill or what is truly wrong with her.”
I cannot start and will refrain from making my comments. Suffice to say, keep a healthy life and avoid being hospitalized at all cost.

To be contd.

No comments: