Friday, March 30, 2018

How I miss my little camera!- If picture speaks...

The olors of Monet was captured at the Lentang organic farm where i used to hang out and work my body, mind and spirit. This was my retreat from the rest of myself, especially when my mind had had enough of the City scene. This picture also reminds me how with the help of a young lad from the village we cleaned the pond, removing loads of water weeds; it was a labor of Love.


This 'laughing Buddha' or known in Chinese as HoTei is now no more as it was smashed one day by heavy winds that blew through my friend Ah Huat's the Auto air condition workshop located in Sungai Dua. This too was where i used to hang out not too long ago working my butts off at salvaging scrap metal for sale.. My relationship with Ah Huat went sour for reasons I have yet to learn, but it was meant to be.

At high tide the huts floats above the reflections in the water and this calm scene has been a retreat from the humdrum of the city traffic not too far from this scene that you can still feel the roar of the traffic along the highway like an ongoing mantra;OMMM! This is yet another place where i seek refuge to calm my wearied mind and am still well received by the locals with respect and kindness.

I would stand and do my physical workout facing these bird cages everytime I visit this spot after giving my salutations to the four directions of the compass I usually do this at night and I always feel the presence of  the unseen spirits around me. I  never enter a forest nor  stand by the ocean or any out of the way places without giving my salutations to those that belong there seen or unseen. 

My creative spirit is now at its lowest ebb as i find simply little pleasure in doing any art, perhaps it will come back, the passion of my childhood, by for now whatever i do it seems to be a force of habit much more than the thrill of being able to draw or create. I will never be rich as an artist nor will i find fame, but suffice to say I was happy when i was creating just for the sake of being creative.

If pictures could speak a thousand words than this picture encapsulates all my feelings about life. Taken in the darkness the bonfire was to me primeval and evoked a feeling of  the awesomeness of nature and the elements. The formation of the black shadow in the middle of the fire was like a dark witch standing above the flames and the figure of the man burning made it looked like a sacrificial pyre.  This was taken at Lentang Organic Farm., or better known as SRI LOVELY.
a

No comments: