Friday, March 23, 2018

Wall! Karim is born!- The Bountiful.

 I have just driven  from one end of Georgetown to another after picking up my son Karim from his apartment in the Jelutong area at the end of Perak lane and dropping him off at Gurney Plaza where he is currently working. He is twenty seven and refuses to take a driver's license nor a motorcycle, he would rather walk take a bus or ride a bicycle, so dad drives. I look at it as a blessing as it gets me out of this apartment for a good reason and keeps in touch with my son to a certain extent enjoying his taste for music that gives me an added migraine to that i already have and listening to his   work stories at which he is doing great. I can now breath easy where Katrim's future is concern, at least career wise and his look at life. Nothing is a big hurry for him except getting to work on time.
the 
Both Karim and Marissa were born in the Bay Area of the City of San Francisco, California. Karim was born at the Davies Medical Center at the North Tower I believe where the panoramic view of the whole Bay Area and Downtown SF was laid out before us as my wife and I sat waiting for Karim to start kicking his way out. There was a Jacuzzi in the bathroom and a large Plasma TV screen on the wall showing the Red Sox against Giants game or something. I had my flute with me and when all is quiet  would squeeze out a few songs to keep my nerves from spilling out; my wife was going to have a baby after all! A loud sound system was attached to monitor the baby's heartbeat and sometimes it sound like a thousand horses were  released from the racing gate of some race course and the sound growing louder and louder till it arrives at a point and begins to slow down getting soft and softer and coming almost to a halt and then it starts all over again. 

My late wife was the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever met! She just blooms out in all directions as radiant as can be and was the envy of many who saw her, men and women. Yes, when my wife was pregnant i felt ten feet tall! I had the feeling that she too was very happy to be all fat and sassy, showing off as she struts  down hill from Haight Street on to Market Street where she taught at the city branch of Berkeley School in her blood red long skirt and her long blond hair flying wild, all pregnant and full of  life. Yes I would tell myself as I watch her go to her ESL classes, "There goes Nancy Fancy, my wife!" Having lived more than seven years of her life in Japan, Nancy walked twice as fast as any average American woman, pregnant or otherwise.  

I was never more in awe of a mother ( a woman) until I sat supporting my wife as she pushed my son out of her belly all screaming and hollering like ten mules being roasted alive; my God how they could bear the pain of childbirth! Millimeter upon millimeter of the top of the skull beginning to appear as she pushed with every breath screaming her soul out; it should be made mandatory that every husband should watch the birth of his child. It was having experienced this phenomena that i felt not only love but also a sense of  spiritual reverence for my wife and silently vowed to remain true to her in sickness and in health, but in the end i failed. my wife died after four years of suffering in a nursing home and i was not able to be with her even for a day. 
Such Is! Such Is!




No comments: