Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Secret of the Golden Flower - 1

As the year 2019 is slowly receding into history, I feel like I have come to a better understanding of who I truly am, perhaps who I am finally evolving into being. Not much to brag about in truth except that in 2019 I had achieved my intention to make it the year where I managed to have a solo exhibition at a well known gallery here in Georgetown, Penang. I celebrated my 70th. birthday on the opening day and sold a few pieces that has been covering our daily expenses since. I have also been able to continue on Blogging with an daily posting of my Blog which has numbered to 2300 posting thus far since the day I began Blogging. Attended to my children's need especially my daughter's making sure that she does not have too much to deal with her domestic issues and allows her to better focus on her work. I have learned to let go off a few of my regular habits and tendencies, like the regular places I would visit and the same faces that I see as in truth I see nothing much really changes and I was becoming a art of the stagnant scene.

I am now concentrating on studying the Daimond Sutra of the Buddha's teachings on You Tube as a practice to help me keep in mind of what I had learned at the monastery in the past. In more than one way it has helped me to see through many minor issues especially when anger and impatience arises in me or when I feel depression creeping up to foil my day. I feel more at home now being at home and the outdoors has lesser attraction as I leave the house only to take care of what really needed to be done, like grocery shopping. I find that the lesser i deal with others the better I deal with myself as when there is less external vexations I encounter the better I began to see my inner workings. I meditate more than ever and enjoy just sitting and watching how my mind runs in circle over matters that are of no consequence and sieve through over matters that are relevant towards the cleansing of my spiritual slate.  

"The Temple of the Living God is within you!" The Christ might have said this somewhere sometime and I see the truth in this. One of my references in my search for truth has been this Literature;-

"A man of soul is always dangerous because a man of soul is a free man. He cannot be reduced to slavery. A man who has an immortal soul in him has a deeper commitment to existence itself, to God himself. He does not care a bit about the man-made structures of society, civilization and culture; these are prison cells for him. He does not exist as a Christian or a Hindu or a Mohammedan. He cannot be part of a crowd. He exists as an individual. The body is part of a crowd, your soul is not. Your soul is deeply individual. Its flavor is that of freedom. But your soul cannot be put to any use in the market-place. The society needs only your body. And it is very dangerous for the society if you start striving for the soul, because then your interest changes. You turn from being all extrovert into an introvert; you start moving inwards. The society is outside, the society wants you to remain an extrovert, interested in money, power, prestige, and all that, so that your energy goes on moving outwards. If you start moving inwards, that means you have become a drop-out, you are no more part of the game that is being played on the outside. You don’t belong to it." - The Secret of the Golden Flower.
This book, THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER, IS one of the most esoteric treatises in the world. It will show you the way to become more than the body. It will show you the way to go beyond death. It will show you the way to bloom – how not to remain a seed but to become a Golden Flower. What in India we have called the one-thousand-petaled lotus, in China they call the Golden Flower. It is a symbol." - OSHO.

I had always thought of my not having a female companion since my late wife departed has created an imbalance in my spiritual practice. This I realized is not true for it is not just due to having an opposite sex in one's life that creates this balance of the male and female energy in one, I realized that in living life consciously as both male and female in virtues creates this balance. Simply taking care of the house chores, treating others with love and warmth and unconditional love of a mother, feeling deeply passionate about the little things, like tending the garden or feeding the cats in life and so forth makes for one to become feminine in nature. Consciousness of keeping this inner balance helps to keep expressions of anger, envy, frustration and even despair in check as it is in the feminine nature that these negative traits are less so to happen; the mother is more patient. 

"THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER says you have to be exactly in the middle, neither male nor female, no leaning to any extreme. Then there is balance. Then one is active and yet remains inactive deep inside. Then one is inactive and yet remains active on the outside. On the outside be sun-oriented, on the inside be moon-oriented. Let sun and moon meet in you, and you be just exactly in the middle. And in the middle is transcendence. " - Osho.
#The Secret of the Golden Flower, #Osho, #  



     

No comments: