Saturday, December 21, 2019

I was a martial Arts Student - 2 - The Ritual

I was introduced to the word 'Subud' when I was a martial art student of the Silat Seni Gayong, Malaysia in Terengganu. One can google subud and find out allot more to satisfy one's curiosity as I do not intedn to elaborate to much on the subject other than what I felt it meant to me when I was a teenager. Having had a very active imagination at an early age I took subud to be a spiritual practice that allows for one to become extraordinary if not super- normal by being introduced or initiated into this art. I had no idea where or when it came from except that it originated from Indonesia and that it was secretive for one reason or another and I never asked why as I trusted in my Guru/Instructor who as I mentioned earlier,was director of the Islamic religious department for the State and a very wise and knowledgeable man at that. The computer or Internet or google did not exist back then to fall back upon for verification. 

I was initiated or the Malay term used,'peturun' or 'menurun,' which in simple translation means to 'hand down' or award in English by my teacher Tengku Azmel (TA). The ritual took place in a large bedroom adjacent to the living room where one can hear the TV going on. There were about ten or more people in the room including Guru and his wife and they all sat in a circle I was set in the middle with TA holding my right hand. I was asked to recite a few short verses from the Quran including the AL Fatihah and the Surah Al Ikhlas and followed by the salutation to the Prophet and then told to sit in silence with an empty mind. Upon completion of my recitation TA holding my hand in his left hand started stroking my arm with his right while mumbling to himself which I could barely hear. While this was going on I noticed that all those sitting on the circle around me started to tap the tiled floor with the palm of their hands and it grew louder as they started to move closer towards TA and me in the center of the circle. Soon I was lost in a loud sound of palms drumming the floor all around me.

Then a strange thing happened as I heard there was no more voices from the TV but a log static sound as though the TV was having a channel emergency testing of sorts like one often hears when the program was interrupted for a news bulletin. The sound reminded me of an airplane landing as it came to an abrupt stop at the temple of my head with an almost perceptible sensation of the snapping of two fingers. Then there was total silence, no sound of loud thumping on the floor or the TV, just pure silence and all was pitched black and I reached my hands to the floor and there was no floor, it was as though I was floating in a vacuum. Then I felt the back of my neck stiffen as though my neck and shoulder muscles has contracted and the sensation started to travel throughout my whole body. Then my head started to left to right faster and faster and I cold not stop it even when i felt like it was going to snap off from the rest of my body.

Then my arms started to stretch like I had just woke up from a long sleep or doing a Yoga stretch beyond my control and then I heard YA voice giving the Asalamulaikum greeting and asking me, "Who is  this?" and I replied. " I am Hasbol." This is the first time since I have revealed this name to anyone else except my teachers then both of whom had passed away. Out of curiosity I had just googled this name thinking that there was no way google would have it, but here is one meaning I found.


 Hasbol Meaning and Personality Analysis

The name Hasbol meaning and personality analysis. Only few know their names true essence. Discover Your Names Hidden Meaning. Cheerful, bright you're a person of action and communication. That is why you need to exchange, discover and learn together with others.
Curious by nature there is an insatiable thirst for knowledge that often makes you push the limits and go to unknown horizons. Designing your daily life with a little fantasy you are particularly creative and intuitive.  
 Sociable extrovert who always makes friends with new people. An optimistic person who sees the good side of things and accepts life as it comes which allows you to take full advantage of it. Adaptable to all new situations you quickly get up to speed with people.
However pay attention towards not slipping into superficiality because of a need to please, to be watched and listened. Born under the number of exchange means that you hate conflict or tensions choosing to flee rather than confront them.

Hasbol meaning related to work

Work for you means relationships and contact or movement.

So there is a need to have contact with others, to do exciting and enriching encounters as to vary the pleasures or disciplines. Gifted with a good sense of communication, you are made to work in a team. Having strong diplomatic abilities you convincingly run your projects or ideas smoothly. Versatile you can exercise a number of trades and perform various tasks while adapting wonderfully.

Suitable occupations: communication skills (human resources, advertising, in charge of communication), the audiovisual (television, radio) trades, activities artistic (moderator, painter, dancer, creative, designer), the sale (all forms), tourism, trading activities, publishing, journalism, astrology, psychology, numerology.

What wellness means to Hasbol?

You are an active person who needs to live fully regardless of the monetary cost.

Thus you often give a hundred percentage. If you ask questions, they are rarely of existential order because you let yourself get carried away by life always taking one bite at the time. Your weak points are: your hands, lung, larynx, the nervous system, the stomach.

Hasbol meaning on a financial level

Your relationship with money is complex because you see it as a tool that helps you realize and achieve your dreams.

Mostly you will live according to your desires, but this alternates with periods of frugality.
#Subud, # Silat Gayung,# 

No comments: