Friday, July 06, 2018

Rambling on - what else can I do?

" To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation and enlightenment." - Eckhart Tolle

They say it better and their words confirm my own self discovery, my understanding on the workings of the mind; or so it seems for now. As I said before the mind is a trickster and anything is possible; it created the fields of possibilities. There is always a pinch of doubtfulness in as far as dealing with the mind is concern, it keeps it safe not to fall into the mental traps that the mind is capable of setting when and where it is least expected; the humind is as unpredictable as Maya itself and Mara, the ultimate ego nature of the mind is not an easy opponent to defeat. Wise words are wise words, direct observations are direct observations, skillful means are not impeccable. To accept the Being and thinker as inseparable whole is also an option  In Buddhism, as I have come to understand, man has to deal with deep rooted karma that has been from beginningless time that needs to be be addressed and reconciled with once and for all as part of a prerequisite of becoming enlightened. Letting go of or becoming free from these karmas born through body, speech and mind, give the word enlighten a n added meaning; to become light as in weightless. It also gives the word gravity and grave an added dimension as gravity pulls us down or weigh us down, physically and mentally or emotionally.

An enlightened mind would have ceased this futile activity that I have indulged in for the past ten years ever since i started this Blog with the intention of getting to know my true nature - Who or what am I? I am far from being an enlightened being and as a matter of fact am very weighed down by untold karmic consequences of my past actions in this life alone, only a miracle can make it all go away, or a Divine Grace. as a Muslim I say only Allah's infinite Compassion and Mercy can erase my sins; I am indeed sinner, Ineed  absolute absolution of my soul," this Being that is underneath the Thinker..." I am aware of the Buddhist principle of Anatta or no-self and am convinced that it is a truth, the historical Buddha was right in claiming the "I am no more." when He attained to Pari Nirvana. the non-returning of an absolutely enlightened soul, never to return. The Buddha shakyamuni, laid His life on the line, gave up everything in order to attain the the Ultimate Truth to our human existence and His self discovery led to the spinning of the Dharma Wheel of our realm of existence. 

Hence to realize oneself as the Being beneath the Thinker is a journey of more than one lifetime according to Buddhism, it is the culmination of our entire cyclic existence as evolving towards the purity of the Being itself; the Atman or the soul call it by what name you like. In Christianity, the Christ died to redeem our sins and so to become free from one's mortal sins accept with faith in Christ. For a Muslim, only the All Mighty can make liberate you from your sins big and small, so it is the wise who follows the Lord's commandments with ever begging for His Mercy and Compassion, know that he is the only One and you do not exist in essence. "From You I come, to You i return." a verse you utter with your last breath; if you are fortunate to be able to do so. This much I have come to understand of the nature of Being; the rest are complex details that most cannot even begin to imagine what it takes in order to touch the feet of the Master; it is said that which we seek is closer to us than our jugular vein and yet is hidden from us through our ignorance and mental deficiency; we see the veils than what lies beyond, the impermanent not the eternal, the mental formations, not the ultimate consciousness itself.

Yes they say it better, I have been saying on my own words for a very long time now and despite it all is still not convinced if I am who I am.








No comments: