Sunday, July 15, 2018

Discussions with my Mind - 2

As I was saying, how come Mind, that we together have neglected out duty towards this body that house us? Our Home, our sanctuary, wherein as they say lies the temple of the Living God. How come it is slowly falling apart? Off course it is not too bad compared to many under similar circumstances, but still how can we do better Mind and Spirit, if I my call myself as such for the sake of communication. Where the body is concern we have already established that Breath is the essence and the spine holds up the Universe, shortness of breath can cause you to death and all that. We have established the fact that through proper breathing one can manage the flow of energy all through the body and this has been pretty much the practice on a daily basis. What I am wondering, Mind, is how can we take the next step forward towards freedom and the light of wisdom, how can we claim that which is inherently ours? To hold the Light in your hands at your breast, the light will cast away all shadows, they said, what is this light Mind?

I know I am getting overly excited in sharing what i feel with you Mind and yes i do get carried away sometimes, high drama and all. Talking nonsense about God and Creation and so forth, like I am some self righteous Guru, preaching what everyone knows already and don't know how to quit; trapped in the loop of ignorance. How do we step out of this looP? Analogy of the car, yes Mind, I understand its wisdom and am mindful to take care of my vehicle, like making sure it runs good and there is gas in the tank. To treat it with care and dignity making sure that everything is in alignment and well balanced. Good supply of energy from the battery and maximum level of engine oil and water for the cooling system. And failing to observe these simple requirement can jeopardize your vehicle, your mode of getting from here to there with ease; same goes to the body and then some. Thank you, I will be more mindful in matters concerning the body as I would the car.  

Does the mind has any authority over the workings of the physical body that it can raise the standard of performance to a greater height? For instance the flow of blood to all parts of the body or the way the brain cells functions or simply how does the heal itself when it is in pain. I realize that these questions are simplistic and the answers are apparent, but for the sake of clarification and better understanding, how does or can the Mind manage the workings of the body to its fullest potential. At least having lived for almost seventy years, I really hope to see that my body and mind and me have not lived in vain. We have put to use all our resources for the benefit of making life a little more meaningful and there is a purpose to it all. 

At one of my 'Dokusan' with the late Dainin Katagiri Roshi abbot,St Paul Zen Center in Minnesota,  he asked me what my intentions were  and I told him that to discover my true being, who am I? Be yourself he said, you are already there. 


No comments: