Saturday, July 07, 2018

The Man said you do not exist...

Alan Wallace is a  Buddhist scholar and practitioner of the highest order of skilful means in words thoughts and deeds that I have come to so far  , observed and listen to on You Tube since a week or so ago. I like his charismatic and crystal clear delivery of the Buddha Dharma especially the Tibetan lineage of Buddhism. Listen to him if you get a chance to he is worth listening to if you too are on the trip to find out. I would recommend many other that have helped see through my daystill now and I am ever grateful to these contemporary Teachers of the Human Mind - HUMIND. I seem to have so much faith in what others teaches me that I forgot to have faith in myself, in who I am and where I have been, my darkest days and brightest nights, my  journey into foreign lands and lives for over 24 years of my life.: I sometimes forget who I am even in this present state how can I ever remember my past lives? 

Then again I am no Buddha and doubtful to become one in this lifetime, just in name only I call myself, The Cheeseburger Buddha. I had an epiphany of sorts, a mini Satori, you may say while taking a break at McDonald's in Green Bay Wisconsin one winter night. I was the security guard in charge of keeping the place in one piece when the High school Basketball teams starts coming after their games. Imagine this colored Malaysian guy in a monkey suit of a security guard uniform having to deal with a bunch of kids who just lost a Ball game! Bur, I was on my break, so with a large double cheeseburger in one hand and an Alan Watts book - The Way of Zen, in the other I sat enjoying myself with the background noise of kidss crying at one another in between gobbling a burger down< I was sweating from the layers of cloths and the place was heated up to the max. Outside the bay window piles of snow against the walls and there i sat finding myself in such a state of dichotomy or duality in every aspect that my mind stopped in its track! I looked at the book in my left hand and said, "Buddhas don't eat meat!"

And the little bug in my head said, "You are the Cheeseburger Buddha and you will be spreading the Way of the Rambling Mind." Not that i had any idea that I would end up this far and stuck with myself as the CB2. I could swear that heard Alan Watts laughing from his grave in the background instead of the noise of twenty teenagers throwing words at each other, just no punches yet. Seating from inside out while it is cold outside and sitting there with my monkey suit on, the Uniform of J$J Security with large shiny badge an all. That my first introduction ot Zen Buddhism and it was sometime in 1979-80. So if if the question ever arises , why the Cheese Burger Buddha, now yo have it in a nutshell. Oh by the way, one summer solstice my Dharma brothers and I climbed up to Alan Watts's memorial site at Green Gulch Farm and toasted a bottle of Sake to the old boy. Next to his marker is also that of Chris, I think he was seventeen, murdered in an alley in San Francisco by a mugger they said. Chris was the son of the man who wrote the book Zen and Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, or so I was told.

What don't I like about Alan Wallace? My perception purely, non, somewhat judgmental, perhaps, but genuinely pure of intentions of one man of faith to another.. To say I don't like is too heavy as it is really of significance except for this blog entry purposes, a story to foreclose. Over confidence in manner of delivery, eyes shifting too much, details! He is among the best in his field today but i prefer the way Mooji Baba delivers his stories or even Satguru, The Mystique, they embody skillful means of oral delivery of the Dharma in their own ways and I say in the delivery and not what they have to say. Thanks to You Tube today a person can study human nature up close and personal, on the positive side one is bombarded with knowledge from that of the ancients to today's scientific discoveries, at your fingertips, no more excuses for ignorance. Instead of squatting on a chair, perhaps Mr. Wallace can himself better with his physical body too, a humble perception and suggestion. Give TED Talk!








No comments: