Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Do you know your mind?I bet you have no idea!

Sit back and let Hans Zimmer's theme from the T last Samurai takes you into yet another space, time and dimension of your mind projected experience comes into manifestation. Let the mind do its own thing expressing itself through the fingers on to the keyboard, just become the moment; become at home. Be here Now, has been the crying call of the ancient sages as well as modern philosophers and scientists alike, this is where your belong. home..omm. 

I find that fighting the mind and its incessant need to ramble is a futile effort too and every minute of silence in between the thoughts going on in my mind is a gift for taking a sneak look at what lies within. Prolonging this moments of silence is the one aim of meditation practices just as it is with every sports and dancing or singing and so forth; when fully absorbed into what is being experienced the effort results in originality; your own. From within you create your own environment, your own space and time and your own product. Everything you do becomes an original; you. The human mind or humind, is a very flexible and accommodating tool of my personal manifestation and expression when I have learned to understand and accept its complexity as this blogging testifies itself. This act of sharing my mind with others is like watching my mind at play with itself, just rambling on with whatever comes to it. 

Perhaps I am wasting my time and dragging others who are interested in reading with me, perhaps I am trying to impress with how much I know or how ignorant I am in trying to explain how my mind works; it is. I am beginning to find how interesting the workings of my mind is,in all its negative and positive virtues. Primarily i find that in allowing my mind its free will to flow on without any resistance from me the 'watcher' or observer, the mind is able to work itself out more fluidly and through greater awareness, I find I am in a more meditative or focussed state, for lack of better words , in executing whatever it is that i am doing at the moment in time; call it having faith in the mind. 

So let Hans Zimmer floats in your senses and let the fingers tap on the keyboards and this is all I am doing, allowing my mind its own course. With every breath I take and with every moment of wakefulness that that comes in between my breath, I watch my mind to see if it is on the 'right track', doing what it most enjoys doing albeit eating or drinking, chatting or singing or sharing itself through this post in my Blog. I find that in the process of rambling on like this I have come learn better of how the humind works; for myself. It is like watching another entity sometimes even though I am still aware that it is all my consciousness itself the mind the observer the environment the space and time; being in the Now, at home...omm. It all seems so simple you say, try it, watch you mind, every thought every feeling, perception and impulses, watch with bare attention. 


Xian Tzu
2 hrs
Zen Master Huangbo Xiyun (d. 850), trans. Thomas Cleary
All Buddhas and ordinary people are just one mind... This mind is beyond all measurements, names, oppositions: this very being is it; as soon as you stir your mind you turn away from it.
It's just that ordinary people cling to forms and seek outwardly. The more you see Buddhahood, the more you lose it. If you employ Buddha to seek Buddha, if you try to grasp mind by mind, you will never succeed all your life. You do not realize that if you cease thought and forget cogitation, Buddha will spotaneously appear.
Just recognize the original mind in perception and cognition, remembering that the original mind is not IN perception and cognition, yet not apart from perception and cognition. Just don't produce views and opinions on top of perceptions and cognitions, don't stir thoughts on perceptions and cognitions, don't seek mind outside perception and cognition, don't abandon perception and cognition to grasp for truth. Not identifying, not rejecting, not dwelling, not sticking, you will be free in all ways, and everywhere is the site of enlightenment.
  

As I was saying...this article was posted on my fb two hours after I have made this blog entry. ..Coincidence?


      

No comments: