Monday, May 14, 2018

Wake UP!

Time to take a retreat from the external realm of my existence and return to the trail of my self discovery journey and find the solace and tranquility of non-beingness. As much as I know and accept that all is Maya and that I am just a pigment of my own imagination, I am earthbound to also accept the reality of being in the realm of this material thought formations that the Buddhas calls Nirmanakaya. Here I realize that so long as I am breathing in and out, I am a part of this cosmos where all is interdependent and bound by the laws of Karma. In this realm I am wearing the robes of a Sworn Bodhisatva to serve and help sentient beings to arrive at an understanding of the Dharma of liberation. To untangle the tangle of this karmic cause and effects existence and to become free from delusions and ignorance. I serve myself in the same manner as i have served myself in many lifetimes of practicing a discipline of one form or another that i may teach and be taught as I live my life. Just as the wood cutter or a water carrier, I too am on the road to self discovery, towards awakening and enlightenment.

The more advanced souls or no-souls would cancel me out as not having a right understanding of the Buddha's teaching of Non-self or No self. I would agree with them no doubt as I too have such similar believe at the back of my mind or deep in there somewhere. Yes I am nothing but an illusion that consciousness has created in this dimension in order that I can experience this life as a human being. However while in this form, while breathing in and out, while experiencing life death and rebirth, I am still attached to being an entity of flesh and blood, of skin and bones, of good and bad or right and wrong. It is my understanding of the Buddha's teaching that I am who my mind think of me to be and this mental formations that has constituted of who I am is also happening to all that is around me, I am a part and parcel of the whole manifesting myself as who I am in relation to all that is manifested in the universe I have thought out; it is a grand illusion, it is my illusion.

As I watch the drama unfolds before me of the events that has transpired in my country's political arena, I allow myself to become involved and make my own contribution towards sharing my thoughts and feelings on the matter. This is my service towards my fellow countrymen, my family and friends and I do this with the same passion as i seek my total liberation from this cycle of existence of which I agree with the teachings of the Buddha to be Maya or illusionary. I can say i created this whole scenario, but that be tantamount to claiming myself to be a Creator or even God and so i merely observe all that transpires and in my limited ways, help to move and shape the events so it does not become too messy and causing much unwonted suffering. It is like playing a game of Chess at a universal scale where every move is made with the end in mind but not to upset the game too much by making to drastic a move, the more subtle and graceful the move the better the end game would seem. To do this one has to understand the game fully well; I don't play chess, I play the game of life. LIke Lord krishna, I dance and play hide and seek with all that is around me, like Lord Shiva, I dance the cosmic dance that this life will end and be reborn again.

Look around you and feel all that you are and have always been, know that you re the creator of all that you experience and that you are the master of your environment and circumstances, that you are the master of your thoughts and consciousness, that you are the master of your own destiny; and why not? What is stopping you? God? If you believe in Him, then you aught to act like you do, He created you in his image. 

So wake up! Stay awake!

No comments: