Friday, May 04, 2018

Ram Dass - Eckhart Tolle- meeting of Great Minds.

The root of all satisfaction, that is Being itself...I Am, is the Way.. the essence of who I am is timeless - Atman and emptiness is the same ... Eckhart Tolle.

I have been listening to a talk on You Tube given by Ram Dass and Eckhart Tolle, it is like listening to two slow trains trying to parallel park off the tracks. Bot he speakers are up there in age especially Ram Dass who also suffers from a minor stroke or something. Eckhart is by nature a slow speaker and so one has to be patient if one is to benefit any wisdom from these two elderly gentlemen. They seem to have a grave message to share but words just seem to get in the way. This is the setback that comes with aging. Bothe these speakers have been my online Gurus in the past and still is and their message is in Being Here in the Now. Ram Dass is most well known for his book Be Here Now and Eckhart's  is, The power of Now. I read Ram Dass's book when I was first introduced to it by my friend 'Buddha Ron', who live at Stinson Beach in Marin Headlands of the San Francisco bay Area. The Power of Now, was loaned to me to read by a friend from Vienna, Austria who I met  while travelling from Bali en route to volcanic region of Bromo, in Southern Java, Indonesia. 

Both books had an impact on me in more than one way but I forgot what they were now, I am who I am perhaps in some ways had to do with having read these two great minds who took the rods less traveled and discovered who they are or what they have become in the community of spiritual seekers and self discoverers; revered and respected old timers. For those who has yet to meet these gentlemen in their talks and sharings I would personally recommend for one to listen to what they have to teach as these great souls has allot to give in terms of guides and pointers towards self discovery or in find one's own true nature.

I simply picked out a few phrases Eckhart uttered in his long and winded talk while he was talking allowing my mind to randomly listen and chose what stood out for me as I listened, (You Tube). It may not make much sense, these randomly picked out phrases like, "The root of all satisfaction, the is Being itself, "...Eckhart spoke out these words like they were off the wall common phrases that slipped out of his mouth without any thought given to    it.This spontaneous verbalization of pearls of wisdom is the mark of  an awakened mind, Eckhart Tolle is an Awakened Being. If one can be patient enough to hear him out as he drags himself from one sentence to another, there is much that can be learned from him. The same may be said of Ram Dass who is also an awakened mind that is passing through our consciousness. 






No comments: