Sunday, May 20, 2018

My largest paintings -in Dubai

I was asked to paint a mural on my son's living room wall at the Manafel tower in Dubai where he was living while flying for Emirates Air. It was a challenge i could not resist and i chose to paint a winter scene as the whole Dubai area was once a desert. It took me about a week as there was no pressure to finish it on time and I enjoyed the work tremendously.

It was physically demanding as i had to work in all manners of position from the floor on up but it was well worth the discomfort.

When completed it was quite a scene to behold and it did help for the feeling of being in a different climate while chilling in the living room. I was aked to do the same on two other walls in the building belonging to my son's buddies. They kept me occupied while my stay in Dubai.
No this is not my first born, this is his closest buddy Tarik from Lebanon a Flight Captain for the Emirate Air. (at the time). 

By joining together a group of canves of different sizes I was able to paint this piece for my friend Steve another Emirate Captain. I twas done so it could be removed easily and transported when the owner moves. 

The idea was mooted and mounting of the canvases were Steve's idea. I did two such painting for hi. and last I saw they hung in his home at the Falcon City Villas, Dubai. I hope that by sharing such trivial I might break the seriousness of my entries lately.. I tend  to get all spiritual and religious at this time fo the year - The Month of Ramadan.
A

No comments: