Thursday, March 14, 2024

My first view of Bassem Youssef's Standup Comedy. - Day 2 of the fasting Month.


                                 Beraih naik harga oi! Beras tempatan jadi beras lawatan .

                                  Grumbling about the rice cost that is rising in the country.

What happens when suddenly you wake up and realize that you are the writer of your own life, you are the Director and Producer of your own life? Could you have written it any better? How would you edit your life and at 75 there is a whole lot of editing to do. By Blogging I find I have been doing just that while making it a form of entertainment in itself. Something I had marveled at others who can write and make an impact on me by their profound and creative stories they tell; my homage to Enib Blyton, J.Steinbeck, Hemingway, Harold Robbins, and the rest of them that I had grown up with. If I am the screen writer of my own movie then these writers and many others, the likes of Richard Bach, Alan Watts, and on, these are my sources if information; they fed my imagination albeit in the negative or positive way. I identified myself with the heroes and the villains and emulate their characters sometimes to play a more exciting and challenging roles, Woe unto you if you are a voracious reader, you have the whole human psyche being presented before you and today at your very fingertips. Woe even more for you who has become addicted to reading and writing even if it is just to fill your empty spaces. The man who writes about himself, an Author who writes about himself is as they say, a very dangerous man. I read this somewhere and it has attached to my mind like a koan waiting to be unraveled. What is a koan? Please Google it.

What good is a Biography if there is no juicy stories in it, what good is it about writing how you tooth ache while dreaming about becoming a Buddha? As the script writer it is my intention to make the sory line as interesting and captivating as befitting the time. I write a story aimed at entertaining me and making sure that i am staying on the right track as to my story line, this is my intention. When someone ask me to, "Please tell me something about yourself." My answer has always been, "What is there to tell? or Have you got the time to truly listen? If not read my Blog." Yes it is very egoic, self deprecation and aggrandizement both at the same time, giving one a choice for an answer. ..who am I? Half the time I do not know it myself, I am just lost in the dark drifting from one moment to another aimlessly and there are times when i am shaken, aroused or given a kick in the ass and the whole world seems to awaken with  me. China was stagnant and infested with mental and spiritual ailments until came Chairman Mao Tse Tong and threw everything and everyone into the big wok and made a good stir fry out of the whole country. Today we have Super Power that can stand against the Imperialism of the West. And what has this got to do with writing my script on this second day of the fasting Month of Ramadan, you ask. 

I just stumbled upon "The dark side of making it on social media." - A Bassem Youssef You Tube stand up show at IB Followers Summit and am now fully brought down to a level of awareness in what I am talking about, a coincidence or is it an instant revelation, or  a karmic kick in the butt. This is the first video of his that I watched after being introduced by the Pierse Morgan Interview not too long ago. What struck me most was the fact that he kept on and on about the ego. "We are attached to Social Media because of our ego." I am guilty as charged, but hell what else is there to have fun with otherwise, every time I post a page I love to see the reaction I receive, it tells me there is someone who is interested enough to read what I have to write. If I were paid a penny for every hits or likes I would be doing very well financially, sadly enough I don't and there is no regret, it is as it should be. In this way I owe allegiance or commitment to no one and am free to write as I please. 

I wrote earlier about 'Suffering with no bitterness' as mentioned by my friend Dr. Peter O Yimbo and this is one example of a man who faces his trials and tribulations with a sense of humor and doing it in a big way. I have always maintained that for creativity to flourish there has to be a certain amount of ego involved, perhaps disguised as a form of passion instead of narcissisms. Turning anger and fear into a joke is one way to overcome my sense of self loath and promote my self worth. I am much larger than my ego but i still need my ego in order to arrive at being in harmony with what is around me. Neither above nor below, I place no man above or below me but as my equal or to be exact as me, as who I have projected myself to be in this plane of existent. I will keep on telling my story  for the sake of self satisfaction and self discovery, a part of my healing process. It is irrelevant if i get two or two thousand reads for my post it simply means that I am still writing. I am wasting my time at three in the morning picking my brains and enjoying and it is only the second day of the fasting month.

My thoughts goes out to the People of Palestine, may they be protected by the Grace of Allah. 

No comments: