Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Day -1 of the Fasting Month.

                                                       

                                                      She is my Boss!
 


The first thing that comes to mind for a single parent dad like me is what do i prepare this morning so we can eat our 'Saur', I cannot find the right word for it in English. It is like the final or the first meal that ushers the fasting day after which no more food or sex or being cruel and inhuman or thinking of becoming  the leader of the pack, just abstain from all wrong thinking and doings and focus on the Lord thy God, Allah Azza wa Jalla, Lord of the Universe. You fast body, mind and soul when you do fast , its not just refraining eating and drinking, everyone knows that but it is important to keep reminding ourselves, lest we forget. This year we fast with the children of Gaza and the West bank and this year we hope the Fasting Month will cleanse more than just body and soul but also heals the Universal Human Ailments cause by the three poisons; that  of Greed, Hate and Ignorance. There is no religion or any belief systems and practices that is free from these three inflictions that humanity bears within each and every individual breathing on this planet. Collectively we export a great amount of negative vibes towards the  collective whole, we create wars and make X-rated videos, we cheat and lie all in the name of our personal survival and along the way we lost our humanity. I hope the Fasting Month can in some small way open up a new horizon of Hope and Mercy, LoVe and COMPASSION, attributes that are becoming rare and forgotten among the human race itself. I pray that Allah in His Infinite Mercy and Compassion will shed a Light upon this darkness that is slowly engulfing upon my consciousness and that of the rest of Humanity around me. Subahnallah!

This is the holiest month of the Muslim calendar where more than a billion Muslims all over the world will observe the ritual demands of this month as prescribed by the Holy Book. Out of twelve months in a year the Lord has asked us to put aside one month for R# R, for rejuvenation and recuperation for simply sitting and contemplating about who you are in relationship to your God. How purified is your soul to qualify its entry into the realm of the Spirit. Are you even aware that you have a soul and a spirit and that you are not just any random mutation of the elements that created you or that your Universe came in a Big Bang. Whatever package i have bought into, whatever path i have chosen from moment to moment of my existence, I know and feel the presence of Him to Whom I will return. To declare myself as an AtmaBrahman or The Supreme Liberated Consciousness, as the Hindu Advaitta Teachings would have it is still not within my grasp: I have yet to become absolutely free of my ego/ my shadow. This is the grand illusion that catch me in a bind as to how to about teachings and religions, I feel caught in a catch 22. Well I have got a whole month ahead of me to find things out and about myself at present. Life is written in the Loh Mahfuz according to Muslim believe, the Book of Life and nothing changes except for what is written, is your life in its entirety, but I don't know when you get to read it if ever. Just like the 'Forbidden Tree, The tree of Life. Eating the fruit from the tree of life cause a split in the human brain, left and right brain came into service. The consciousness of the 'I am" came into being, I am a man, she is a woman! Just another narrative of life from the Biblical perspective 

As Katagiri Roshi once said, "Stick to your self-healing as a Practice when you do Zen."

Insha'Allah! God Willing! I will do what it takes to find the cures to all my physio-psycho- spiritual well being as my main focus in my daily practice and especially  this holy month I hope I can remain strong and carryout this 'Sheshin' with gusto, spiritual or otherwise.

Insha'Alah! Subhanallah! WalHamdullilah! Hu -Laillaha'illalah! Allah -hu-Akhbar!

Happy Fasting to all My fellow Muslims all around the World.

"In this Living Book, God is the Divine Author."  ...23-2-2024, - Moojibaba.










No comments: