Thursday, December 21, 2023

On Friendship and making Friends -

 




Funny how i keep finding myself posing before a loaded Christmas Tree in a lobby of some high class Hotel, last year I think it was at the E@O Hotel in Georgetown and this year it was The RASASAYANG in Batu Feringgi...off course i could visit any major Mall and Walla! Christmas trees larger the much larger that life....but its the 'Ambiance.' The feeling of thankfulness and gratefulness, blessed, to keep receiving Divine Grace despite the poor track record in life thus far.
 

Here is a Lady who has done it her way, a few years my senior and as much if not more stories to tell of her life as an Artist living in the UK. This is the first time we have been introduced to and it was through my friend Ben Ronjen and Eugene whom I met on Kapas sometime last year, he is a Chinese married to a Malay, a Rugby trainer and a gangster and he is also the financial adviser to the Lady. They are 9on a Mission to find a piece of Land and built a Typical Malay house some where by the sea in Penang - a retirement home,

\


Ben and Eugene goes a long way back when the met on Kapas when ben was living at Jambu Bongkok, a small fishing village between Dungun and Marang, for those who care to know the details. I am fortunate to have been introduced to these gentlemen who helps to keep me challenged if not inspired. They both have earned the rites of passage to be called 'Gentlemen.' I consider these types of individuals as men who walk the 'Middle Path, in this life. Men who knows to keep the balance between what is right and what is not so and they are the men who knows the differences between what they want and what they need. 

My personal view of a man is the one who have been married and raised a few children as part of their rites of passage. Ho well or poorly they have performed in this duty is theirs to bear as men, as fathers. I believe in Islam there is status placed upon some as Al Insan Kamil, the perfect gentleman...almost like the Saints and Sages and especially like the Prophets. " A Man's a Man, Who looks a Man, right between his eyes..."



The chance meeting of an Australian adventurer and a Malay Lady Artist living in the UK, let's see what they can come up with in finding the perfect location and built the perfect retirement home. Ben knows Penang much more than I do and one of the reasons why I very much enjoy his company. Ben will dwell into the details of any subject in a conversation, a true story teller.

 


This is lady I just met and originally is from Canada and we got off on the wrong foot immediately when she started in on me with questions that makes one feels like a school kid being grilled by a Headmaster. However as the day wore on we got to know each other better we are now good friends; we all have our ego to feed or defeat. It is my experience in relationship, in my interpersonal communication with others, that one has to be authentic if not genuine about one's Dharma Position as the Buddha called it, the ground of Primordial Being; this is who I AM! I am pleased to make your acquaintance. 

No comments: