Monday, December 25, 2023

Highlights of my 2023 life's experiences - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 

                                   
                                                      Ho!~Ho!Ho! Merry Christmas! From Rasa Sayang.
                                                      -meaning;  with the Taste of Love.





Hanging out with Eugene and Ben at the RASASAYANG was the climax of my year ending experience. It was a two day real vacation time with plenty to reflect upon, even potentialities and possibilities to look forward to.



The most auspicious moment happened on Pulau Kapas.






The Three Man Show, BWB International Exhibition held at the Hin Bus Depot was my final triumphant moment as an artist fulfilling my duty and intentions as an Artist towards the community. To Love and to be Loved is the food of the soul that which sustains the living spirit within...'for without Love...a man will die...and when I die...there will be one more child born to carry on...So get busy Living or get busy Dieng, it's a simple choice to make.
Have you ever listened to a song called "The Children of Sanchez," by Chuck Mangione? It's on You Tube. Do not try to make sense of what I am trying to share here, but if you are one of those who follow me as closely from the beginning chances are you will see what i see. when I see and how I see...


My best piece for the year 2023 is this charcoal rendition of the Mexican Artist, El Maestro Diego Rivera. One of my favorite Masters of the 20th.Century, I did this from a biography book about his wife the equally elegant and aloof  wife Frida Kahlo. I did her portrait too and gave it to Ben's wife Joan Cheong and the portrait of Diego i gave it to Ben, both the sketches were done in Ben's basement studio.



One of the most unforgettable character that i encountered during this year was the Malay Professor Encik Rusdi who had a Cockatoo named Lolo perched on his shoulder when crossed from the Terengganu Mainland to the Island of Kapas.  Had his education in Oklahoma and well traveled, he was a story teller, a breath of fresh air from the usual normal politics of life. 



Hanging out with my nephew Shaifudin and his autistic daughter was a grounding and humbling experience I feel from all the rest of my experiences on or off Pulau Kapas. This nephew and uncle connection through Trust and Love, through Understanding and Compassion was an eye opener for me. I am very happy to have made this deep trust and respect between us and the door swings both ways. Thank you for your gracious hospitality while i stayed in Ru Rengeh, Marang. 
There are days when you cannot see the horizon where the sky touches the sea and my mother told me that there will be days like these too...and this too, will pass...



Facing the Sunrise from my twin Brother's Home with Pulau Kapas on the horizon, another beautiful day has begun and how it will end it entirely up to you. as this too will pass...


No comments: