Friday, July 14, 2023

Rambling my way into Silence and Bliss.

 The Buddha is said to have said that, " In this human form, at this stage on your spiritual evolution as a living person, is your best bet at getting liberated from this realm of Maya and Samsara, so, don't waste this life." or something like that. I thought it was one of the most profound lesson anyone had ever pointed out to me, it stuck on me, ever since I proceeded to make every effort in practicing this habit of Spiritual exploration called, Self Discovery, or discovering your True Nature, what can you really do more than you think. It is like making a hike up towards the clouds looking for the elixir of life with the Koan, burning like a ball of ire at the pit of your belly asking, like, "Who are You?" or Who am I? Round and round the Mulberry Bush we keep dancing in the meantime trying to break free from the bonds of Samsara; it is in this human life that it is possible to break free from our bondage our horrors and fears of what is to come or become. Am I living in a hell realm already or is hell yet to come? Only in this human form are we able to have a complete realization of what is the human nature and what is the Buddha Nature, what is the Real and what is the Unreal, what is the Truth and the Illusion. It is in this human form that we are able to attaint to complete realization of the Inherent Nature of Who You Truly Are. Only this truth can set you Free. He who knows himself, knows his God. { The Prophet of Allah} and many others prophets and saints alike has uttered this in the past.

What the Buddha was saying is perhaps we are not to waste this cosmic opportunity to transcend this realm of pain and suffering into a pure land of bliss and silence, we could do worse not to understand the call the Buddha made about how valuable this human realm is; don't waste it; Carpe Diem, cease the Moment! I am an overthinker not as nearly a great thinker, but over the years I have come to a simple conclusion about how I view my life thus far, I feel like I have really done the best to thread where no angels would and only fools could. "I am a man of constant sorrows, I've seen troubles all my days..." a Joan Baez song. I am the wandering Jew the legend. I whenever I declare myself as I, the moment I open my mouth to utter this I, I am dead, I AM NO MORE! Another I just come into being...Who am I? For so long as there is this I, life is suffering!,{The Buddha}. At the lower levels we assume the ego to be the I, we talk and act from the delusive position of our Ego, or Nafs in Arabic. The ego in my limited understanding is the Me that I take to be who I am acting and expressing myself in this realm of my existence. The ego is my limited and conditioned mirage of who I am in essence. The ego is my shadow as I walk on this path towards my own self liberation. I cannot eliminate the ego totally, not in this life perhaps as I am too immersed and attached to the ego me. Hence I have to keep going creating stories and dream up dreams, fall into the mire of transgressions and the doubts in the existence of my Higher Self, my Buddha nature, My Divinity.

Think! and know when it is to stop thinking, the middle way is between thinking and non thinking, the silence of the mind, dwell on this and practice making this pause a moment longer and a moment longer...soon you will find yourself nowhere to be found. You stop asking who am I as there is no you to ask, it would not be wrong to feel like you have just stepped into a twilight zone or taken the one step beyond, to step into the abyss is daunting. It is only through this physical and mental human form that  sentient beings are evolving to attain before the final curtain like the third WW3 or the final cut when it all falls apart happens. Your God given mind and body are fully equipped to deal with any kind of perplexities, complexities, vexations and aggravations, if you learn how to. This human form contains within it the Universe Itself, this human form is the Temple of the Living God for within its Heart of Hearts this body holds the light of Divine Spark itself. The source of energy, the sacred shakti that moves throughout the cosmos and within each and every nerve in the body. This is Prana, the force or energy latent in man that keeps him alive in the form of breath. Become fully aware of this energy running and generating all the movements in your mind and body, Om! The sound, it generates from within is the sound of the Cosmos from without, a vibration, a wave a an eternal note; it is also the sound of silence. Listen to it in the silence of you heart for it is in this abode of silence and bliss that that Divine in you speaks.  

 

No comments: