Saturday, July 15, 2023

Art Oppening at the Hin Bus Depot


One has to look at this painting up close and the humor will grab you the more you read especially if you can relate to the images he sketched. It is looking at the world global and local through the lenses of humor. Azmi or Me as he is better known, is a gem in the rough, a natural born artist and survivor. I have known him before had had the courage to do life sketch in the open. Today in my books he ranks up there among the Masters in the Malaysian Art Scene. Thank you to the proud owner of this piece of historical caricature.


Ivan, The Curator, a fine gentleman and dedicated and committed to his cause. Another 'Keeper'  I hope he receives more than just a recognition for his endeavors in the City of Georgetown and Penang State as a whole. 


No matter how much or how nothing about art that can move your spirit, you will still be surprised by the latest works each time an exhibition is held. There are so much talent out there yet in process of blooming and taking art to the next level.  I must be getting old! 


One of my adopted daughters, one of the most charming and intelligent young lady who manages the Hin Bus Gallery. Wanida! 


My daughter with Wanida, matured and intelligent young pretty ladies. They give meaning to your life with their presence, the strong yet gentle female energy exhibiting intelligence of their own. I am fully amazed how grown and matured my daughter grown to be. She is far from perfect however she has won a father's blessings and approval to become who she chose to be. In all good hope may she continues to mature a far better and greater person, may these young ladies excel in their quests in life.  

 

What can I say about this young artist who I met more than ten years ago at the Little Penang Street Market where we were both sketching the E& O Hotel I learned that he was intending to to make art his full time work instead of being an Architect. I remember telling why stopping him from being both.  Keah Keng is one of Georgetown's budding young artist whose sketching of old buildings in and around the State is a one of a kind in style. He is a quiet man and so we don't talk much and I wish we did, I like this man. 

No comments: