Friday, January 10, 2020

I miss my son.- Timo

When I look at them from a distance I wonder what their future would be like and I pray inside me that they too will find life as challenging and exciting as i have. A life full of ups and down making full of errors and achievements, a life that is never boring. 
My son Timo was born in Switzerland where his mother was from the country and i met her while i was a Zen student at Green Gulch Farm Zen Center. I found out that i had a son when he was seventeen years of age and had discovered who his father is and wanted to know him better. I first met my son in person when I was staying with my first son who lives in Dubai then and still is. In essence we met half way between his father's and mother's country of origin.

I welcomed him to the family and told him that he has an older brother and younger one with a sister and from then on that he is a member four siblings, alone no more. He got along very well with the rest of his brothers and sister as thought they were meant to be.
On his first visit to Malaysia he met my sister, his Malaysian auntie and my family fell in love with him with no questions asked. Perhaps like me he was able to fit in wherever he was and adapt to whatever the circumstances life has to throw at him.
He met my eldest brother and they too got along as though they were meant to be, uncle and nephew.

I took him places where I hung out and met the friends that I have close to me. It was my intention that he experiences people and places that he would not otherwise had been able to touch in his life. it was also my intention to share with him how mush life has to offer in all its beauty.
We visited Awi's Yellow House on Pulau Duyong in Kuala Terengganu where I had spent allot of time with my friend Awi the owner. I had hope that the rustic lifestyle would impress upon him some form of aesthetic impression. 

We visited places and met people who were as friendly and welcoming from all walks of life and races doing their thing in life.
Our visit to the East Coast of the Peninsular was I hope would trigger in him a sense of  what is out there being away from the snow covered mountainous region of the Alps where he had grown up to the Stretches of beaches along the South China Sea.  
In Georgetown He was exposed to the multiracial society which I had hope would help to open his mind and consciousness towards understanding others who are not of his kind. To be at home and comfortable wherever he may be.


Timo is an artist perhaps more so then I am and he is more of a musician who plays the piano and the guitar. However he also draws and paints. Here he sits with his younger brother Karim with whom I feel he is closest to.

In a City that is predominantly Chinese I had hope that he would absorb the feast of cross cultural smorgasbord into his consciousness to broaden his perspective in life. 
Add caption
I took him to the Malay Fisherman's jetty, one of my favorite hangouts so that he has a taste  of the rustic environment  of the Malay fisherman's life.  

As Georgetown has been known as the food capital of the world practically, His brother and sister made sure that Timo did not miss out on as much cuisines available at the food stalls.

Making new friends was also one of the key factors that I try to make it happen for him and most of those people who he had time with were impressed of his open mindedness and easy going nature.
Most excited and impressed by him is his sister, Marissa made sure that her brother who was never bored or lack for anything while he was here. 
What lies ahead of them in the lives? Well the picture says it all while they sat in my twin brother's gazebo staring out at the South China Sea.
Yes I miss my son and hope that I will se him again at least once before I kick the bucket and I wish that my eldest son too would one day be here to complete the picture as I miss him the most.


No comments: