Tuesday, April 24, 2018

When is Knowledge Power.?

 I must have read thousand of books, novels and serious stuff included, whatever i could and can lay my hands on. A few weeks back on visiting my eldest brother in Kuala Terengganu, on the east coast, I asked for one of his novels from his vast collection of fictions sitting on the shelf collecting dust. My brother was if not still is the most advert reader I have known in my life and his habit has rubbed off on many including his younger brothers and an elder sister.Too bad we never got beyond just reading these novels, had we been sharing our thoughts on what we read, we could have shared our thoughts on what we read. Books has always been my companion along with my sketch book and a camera if available. This is all i enjoy keeping with me wherever I go.

I am forever indebted to the great writers such as Henry Miller and James Michener, Aldous Huxley and John Steinbeck, whose novels had filled my childhood mind with so much dreams and adventures. I was introduced to America through the works of  such writers like Mark Twain and later by a more contemporary writers such as Harold Robins and Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy. I grew up thanks to my brother, feeding my mind on such suspense novels written by John Grisham and Steven King. I am fortunate to have been exposed to the thrills of reading and to this date I am still a book worm, just for the hell of it. The best way to develop an imaginative mind for children is to encourage them to read. Once a child is hooked on reading, he or she is off to never, never land of imagination and their mind takes off into a whole world of new experiences.

One way to understand  the collective consciousness is to explore  every nook and cranny for possibilities, for exposures, for revelations, for thoughts and ideas that you would never have dreamed of.Open your doors  and windows into your inner being and allow for the free flow of creative energies to permeate your entiren psyche and allow for them to ferment and merge into your very own subconscious mind space. Allow for Krishna to play his flute and Nataraja to dance the cosmic dance, allow for Muhammad to lead His people out of Mecca to Madinah and for the Buddha to sit under the Bo tree and contemplate life. Allow for the Big Bang theorists to speculate and deliberate, the quantum physicists to keep splitting  until there is no more to split out there; we are a part of this whole collective consciousness, like it or not. It is in how aware we are of this, is what separates the awakened from the sleepwalkers. It is not in how much you know, but in how you use what you know,  after all this is the age of information they say; knowledge is power. 


  






     











No comments: