Tuesday, June 09, 2020

What can I say- just know your mind.

It is said that to accumulate knowledge through reading or listen to or ponder upon, others' thoughts is like counting another man's sheep. Albeit in assisting and prodding me on through their words, thoughts and deed, throughout my life so, I must admit that I have many to be thankful for, grateful for, my having arrived at this stage in my life where through reading, studying, listening to these great and enlightened minds; I am closer to home. 

While sitting on my bed this morning the thoughts of, the 'Dual Thinking Mind', came into my consciousness and so a whole lot discussions ensued, pros and cons, right and wrong this or that...I am attached to a dual thinking mind sometimes called the; monkey mind. We are endowed with this mind like it or not and from the day we realized that there is such thing as pain and pleasure we are subjected to the laws of cause and effect. None escapes from this fact and not too many are able to become totally free from its consequences. What is the 'dual thinking mind?' Black and White, Light and Darkness, Good and Evil...the list goes on for so long as there is a breath flowing in and out. The Chinese Cosmic Symbol of the principles Yin and Yang depicts this state of the human mind most adequately, To make an effort to understand such a symbol will open up your doors of consciousness and the way you perceive life. Inherently within us we carry the genetic strain of the sense of opposites without which our mental and bodily functions cannot survive. From the sub Atomic Particle state of our physical body to the who we see we are in the mirror,we are subjected to the laws of the dual thinking mind.

I suffer from too much thinking! And i know many who is the same way as I am, simply too much unnecessary if not useless and ambiguous thoughts and most of us have accepted and become comfortable with this state we are in; I think, therefore I am.,,I forgot therefore it was not me? (A joke, I posted on face book). I was having a conversation yesterday with a young man who had walked into the 'fisherman's pondok' with a book by Napoleon Hill in his hand. Most unlikely place to find such a book being read. So I borrowed and read from pages in the book especially related to auto suggestion, which has been one of my practices over the years. For me it was like a mini miracle for it to happen as I was not in a good state of mind -too much thoughts to deal with primarily. I had not brought along any reading material or for sketching and so the book sort of appeared  as a reminder to who or where I was at; a wake up call. I shared my feelings and what the book had meant to me, and introduced to him a book called the "Master Key' written by Frank Haarnel as another read. When I left him he was listening to J. Krishnamurti on his hand phone I introduced him to. I told him to understand what thoughts and thinking is all about and Krishnamurti's lectures can help shed some light on it. 
#Dual Thinking Mind,# Chinese Cosmic Symbol,# Yin and Yang,# The Master Key
"Would you like to save the world from the degradation and destruction it seems destined for? Then step away from shallow mass movements and quietly go to work on your own self-awareness. If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation."
~Lao Tzu

No comments: