Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A Bottle of Whiskey to drown my sorrows.

"Amused itself to Death," (cover) on You Tube, a song by Roger Waters, one of my all time favorite performers. I was first exposed to Pink Floyd sometime in 1978 when the album "Wish You Were Here." was going rampant on campus at the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay. I remember having returned from a two and hafl month trip to the South West States of New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado driving a Chevy Impala 1964  model sold to me for 2Us Dollars by my girlfriend M.Counard a car that had belonged to her grandmother. Which should I relate?The M.C relationship saga or the trip to the South West, as both were equally eventful as tales to look back upon goes  I will choose the trip or rather the end of the trip upon my return to the campus battered and beaten both the car and the driver. 

The car was smashed in a hit and run incident that happened on Highway 666, between Gallup and Durango on the border of New Mexico and Colorado. The passenger side was flatten from the front to the back after being hit by what looked like a pickup truck at one am. in the morning, it was sheer miracle that I survived the ordeal while driving through the Navajo Reservation and that was another tale yet worth telling and have been told many times in this Blog in the past. When I arrived back to Green Bay after my long trip I was exhausted and spent, physically, emotionally and spiritually. My first stop in Green Bay was at my good fried Francis Wilson's home where I found him leaving his house and giving me the keys telling me that he and his wife were getting divorced ; bummer! Then learned from my mother in law that my three year old son had left for Germany with his mother and God knows if and when I would see him again. I made it to the campus and decided to hang out with my Thai students buddies apartment where they upon feeling sorry for my state of affairs then decided to spare me a bottle of Whiskey to drown my sorrows. 

I remember sitting and leaning against the wall of their living room and experiencing an out of body experience where I felt like I was no more in any pain but watching my painful emotional, physical and mental state happening a few feet away from me and I was blasted out of my mind listening to Pink Floyd, "Wish You Were Here," full blast on ear phones from a high performance sound system only the Rich Thai Kids could afford. I woke up with the earphones still stuck to my head and the music still playing as the album kept repeating God knows how many times. The Kids from Thailand had left for their classes and had left me some food on the table knowing that I would need it when I woke up, I was lucky to have made their friendship. They were cousins and one was the son of the Chairman of Thai Airways. The tires to the Chevy Impala were sports radials which came off one of their fancy cars and when I eventually had to sell the car to the junkyard I got some money just for the tires. 
#Green Bay,Wisc.#Chevy Impala, #Pink Floyd, # New Mexico, Arizona, #Colorado, #Hwy.666, #Navajo Reservation.

     

No comments: