Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Scent of Acceptance

The Scent of Acceptance 

Yesterday evening when I decided to take a nap i found that my whole room was perfumed by cat pee a smell that i have come to be haunted by courtesy of my two feline kids doing their thing like all cats do marking their territory. By instinct perhaps I flipped the pillow and laid down and managed to catch a short nap. Upon waking up I checked again to find where the smell was coming from and found a wet patch on the underside of my pillow! I was enraged by what i found and decided to punish the culprit but I could not. I accepted the fact that nothing I do would change their natural habits and that from my personal spiritual instinct, this is my karmic payback. I am to endure this at least till I learn to clean myself from past errors and until I accept this in complete, I will have to get use to the smell as the perfume of a reminder to wear; so get use to it I must. As always, the devil is in the details and in this case the details is too messy like the stench of cat pee to be shared. 

Sometimes the universe does not arrive with incense and lotus blossoms. Sometimes it arrives smelling unmistakably of cat urine, asking only one question: Can you remain awake even now?

Wallahu Alam.

 

#Awareness #Acceptance #Cats #LifeLessons #SpiritualReflection #ZenLiving #Patience #CheeseburgerBuddha 

No comments: