Thursday, February 01, 2024

What is my Sadhana - My Practice?

 Dropped my daughter off at the Airport and she is on her way to Singapore, her first flight of the year 2024 she said and not bad, Neh? Not bad at all, I said, an International Flight no less. shades of things to come perhaps! Keep up the good work and look ahead to greater experiences in your career; have fun!, I said.{ in my heart}


What is Pravriti and Nivriti?

Pravriti is the  out flowing of energy from the Source, from God 

Nivriti is the  drawing it back of the energy into the source. 

After listening to one of Shunyamurti's morning Satsang on You Tube at the Satyuga Ashram or Institute, located  somewhere in the foot hills of Costa Rica. I listen to his Satsang quite often, sometimes like three times a day, it helps to keep me grounded and reminded as to what I am focusing on in my Sadhana or practice at this moment in space and time. I keep drifting away from my focal point or my heart center of my being  distracted by thoughts . If you wish to know further what Sadhana is you might Google it, its another key Sanskrit word worth getting to know if you are on a spiritual trip of one kind or another. I would relate the word as to mean simply practice or as a Malay Muslim would call it 'Amalan". having a path or a way towards self discovery and self liberation. Some sort of self discipline that helps to clear the straight and narrow path towards meeting your Maker  when all is said and done. Any form of practice, albeit Yoga or TaiChi or ChiGung, Silat Gayung or Tae Kwon Do or Bujutsu the Sweat Lodge or Zen meditation, any kind at all, helps to keep the mind from running wild, from loosing control from becoming paranoid from feeling insecure, from depression; recognizing one's own Divine Nature is highly recommended among most ancient teaching; Sadhana is the path that leads to the unity or merging into God to become One,{not two}. "Innalillahiwa'innalillahi Rajiun, from Him I came unto Him I return. These are the last words that a Muslim would utter upon his last breath, the return to Al Hak, the owner.

The massacre in Gaza and the rest of Palestine haunts me and try as i may to avoid making any comments or judgement on the matter I am still touched painfully by concern and worry, I simply cannot look away and feel human. I am angry! As angry deep in my soul as I have ever had and I am sad, sadder than not being able to be there when both my parents passed away. I am filled with shame and remorse for my ambivalent feeling towards the plight of the Palestinian People and the ever growing tension all over the Middle East that will inevitably lead to a wider war if not trigger the Third World War, The War of Extinction. Its sad, a sad situation that humanity is facing and the powers that be are playing the same old ego game of whose dick is larger and longer and who can spit or pee farthest. It is almost like humanity is preparing to commit Sepuku or hara kiri, It is like we are choosing our path towarrds self destruction and have no idea of what to do other than up the game, apply more pressure and chest pounding to cower the opponent; what of God given Brain? Whatever happen to our sense of LOve and Compassion our tender mercies towards one another, whatever happened to Being Human, being the Caretaker, Keeper of the Planet as a responsibility bestowed upon us by our  Creator, what of our Divinity? Are we to become the end of history itself as there would be no witness left to document each and every event that had led us to our demise. There would not be anyone who survive would want to or have the need to; a Nuclear War is the mother of all wars as  George Galloway would say.

I have been watching too much You Tube and listening to too much false truths that flows out of the mouths of those whose swore to be the deliverers of truth so as to promote themselves and their Media personality, it is getting into my head. It is my bad. I am allowing my mind to become attached to what i see or hear and it has nothing to do with caring about or not of the  bitter suffering the victims in Palestine. What can I do about it? How do I contribute my services towards procuring peace and avoiding the nightmare that lay before us if events takes their same route towards collective self destruction, what is my role in this precarious moment in the history of humanity. Where were you when they declared war against each other what were you doing while the children of Gaza screamed from beneath the rubbles like voices from Hell. Will it satisfy you ego to be able to sleep at night the rest of your life knowing that you have been complicit in butchering thousands of children so as you can claim your right; what right? You have bloody hands but choose to be blind and exist in self denial, what becomes of your children or theirs when history tells the truth. In this day and age you cannot throw the stone and hide your hand anymore, the whole world is watching you on the screen and off. O' Sons of Israel, you have fulfilled the prophecy of the Quran verses condemning you and your decedents witnessed by the rest of humanity. Ceasefire Now before you cross the line of no return. Even the Gods have limits as the amount of cruelty they allow to be committed by man over his brothers and sisters, it shame them that they too had failed to reign in the anger and vengeance that  is being inflicted over one nation by another as it has been happening throughout human history. It seems like the Gods of Light is loosing out to the Lords of Darkness of the human Spirit/ What can I do?

I can do nothing! I can waste my time hankering over what is already obvious and make nothing out of it except invite depression or i can totally move on with my life being where i am at; keep doing my Sadhanas, my practices, my daily chores, my human commitments towards life as it is and make believe that all is well and as it should be. "Suffering is, None who Suffers." My practice is to silence my ego or at least reign it in from making more mistakes and inviting more attachments to  the causes of pain and suffering. My Sadhana at present is to keep body and mind strong and powerful for as long as they can endure the wear and tear of time and not to neglect to purify my soul from the layers of illusions that I have accumulated for the past seventy odd years of my life. As I have said in the past, humbly with no arrogance, I refuse to die before I learn the whole truth as to why I am here or at least fully understand who I truly am. In'sha'Allah! God Willing?

No comments: