Saturday, November 04, 2023

It is a matter of LOVE - an Unconditional and Complete Universal Love

 

A trip around the island with a group of tourists locals as well as from other parts of the world was a memorable event that makes it worth all the negative events and circumstances that had transpired on the personal level in dealing with individuals who let their egos run wild and free upon others. I am talking about one or two characters who were striving for recognition and reward while working at the resort. These too were my Zen Teachers, although at the beginning my own ego was about to strike out at these low life who took themselves to be the epitome of the best at what they do and in this case both were chefs at the resort. One a Chinese and the other a Malay and by a long shot both were not worth the wok they fried in. I was almost sucked into the ego trap of confronting these two characters but I was able to keep my self in check by reminding myself of my original intention for being there and nothing was going to deter me from my goal. What's my goal? To enter the gateless Gate. Do I even understand what the phrase means. There were times I thought I did and then it slips from my consciousness and I am still left with the same questions about the meaning of life, my very existence, why I am here or what is my purpose of being here? 

  


Meet my sweetheart Catalina, from Spain. A very beautiful and intelligent young lady who does not not believe in the existence of God like the rest of young Spaniards travelling with her when I asked them this question. We sat in a small circle on the beach one evening as the sun was setting talking about Yoga, Spirituality and God. The most interested among them was Manuel, who does not speak English and needed translation from the others. I enjoyed their presence and did my best to play the role of the wanabe Roshi and rambled about what I practice and how I practice it most of my my adult life. For the first time I how important the understanding of what one feels about a thing like 'Faith' or 'submission' as in Islam. I was talking to a group of intelligent young adult foreigners, two were from Spain and the other two from Argentina.
                                                      



The child belonged to a couple quite well known in the east Coast because the husband who was from Britain and married to a local Malay lady, is able to speak the Terengganu dialect perfectly. He is also a radio DJ if I am not mistaken. Holding the baby made me feel like a real grandpa who has helped to relieve the Mom so she can enjoy a bit of fun too.




The group of young adults that I was able to share my thoughts with and learn of theirs. The young lady in black T Shirt is Hilda from Spain who I found often shouting at her phone for the longest time and I asked her why. She said she always keep up sharing the progress of her trip with friends in Spain and those travelling like her in Vietnam and Thailand. Leslie in the middle was from Germany the sweetest person I have accoutered, although they all were, She was on her way to Penang my hometown. The man with the 'Tanjak' or Malay warrior type headgear was Rosli a former Police Inspector in Marang and had jjust lost his wife, an Austrian. He speaks Austrian German.


A couple from Ireland who I noticed seemed to keep to themselves and so I approached them while serving their meals and found out that they were from Ireland and after getting to know them I bonded with two beautiful, insightful and wise people.  


On my first round the Island trip it was on board the small boat named LOEKA which happened to be Hans junior whom I met in Penang while vacationing there. There was four of us and the boat was run by Alang our Malay Chef. Just as rounded the island toward the open South China Sea the engine failed and we were set drifting. Fortunately for us there were two fishermen fishing not too far away. We were later towed all the way back to Resort.





A warm day and a splash into the warm clear blue water where everyone got a chance to do some snorkeling. I but not for long as I began to realize that i am no longer in good shape like i used to be, but that short swim in the ocean brought out from within feelings of long gone euphoria, of freedom and of being a child again. As much as I wanted to let it all go at the moment and just drift out of existence I felt the embarrassment and not to mention the panic and fear I would cause the rest of those on board. Yes I am becoming more and more fully aware of my  physical limitations, however it is always my mind that I worry about; and the choice of time and place of my demise is not mine to make.   


Manuel, Hilda, Baby Amira and Tuta sharing a moment that would never have happened had I not have this crazy idea of spending the monsoon season on Kapas.
The following is what was written in my sketchbook by these newfound friends;
"It has been a pleasure meeting you. I would Love to know English to know you a little more. I will never forget the night you told us the story. For me it was magical. We will meet again Teacher."
!! Vive El Beiss!!
Manuel, Spain, Sevilla

"There are magical places and magical moments,
also magical people like you.
I will always remember you,
Thank You.
Hilda

"It was a pleasure meeting you since today
When I hear House of the Rising Sun, I will remember you,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge ,
TUTA

""JAMSOL, Thanks for your Love and your Wisdom,
You are SUN like your name in Spanish."
Catalina. Not in the picture.
So I opted to become a babysitter instead and became the center of attention among my Spanish friends.

No comments: