Wednesday, June 21, 2023

I Am still Sitting on the Dock of the Bay...

I still spent time staring out to the horizon at Mie's Pondok at the Jelutong Malay Fisherman's Jetty which is off the Lim Chong Eu freeway.  This will always be my port where I can sit and be as I will. I have spent more than ten years of my life hanging out here,  smoking, reading looking past the horizon into the unmanifested scape of my subconscious state...stoned or sober. My buddy, paddling his way to his fishing hole. What is reality. space and time? Who or what is God and how do I fit in into all these? I lost a very close friend not too long ago and the place has changed much and I make my visits on rare occasions.

  
Much time is spent here during the Fasting Month of Ramadan, sitting contemplating and meditating upon the unknown, looking for answers to irrelevant questions and making sure to win the hearts of all those you cross paths with. Honor and respect has to be earned and returned accordingly to develop trust and confidence, from heart to heart we foster a relationship of love and understanding and compassion.

 



I believe that the collective human Mind/Spirit, has projected this existence into being, each and everyone has his/her part in it and toget6her we think our world into being. Sometimes I think these thought while I am reclined into the deck chair facing the Bay Bukit Mertajam far into the horizon. I am an addict to many things and one of my worse is thinking thoughts all the time, sometimes unrelated and off the wall thoughts that to most if they can perceive what my mind thinks, I would be dubbed, insane. Perhaps in more that one way I am insane only I cone my tracks carefully so I appear more a thinker than a dreamer and I am their 'Mamu' or uncle among the Penang Mamaks. In Kedah like Sik or Belantik the y they call the eldest, Pak Long, or Wan in some places. And this too is how my mind wanders from one moment to another...I decided to call it "The Rambling Mind."



Row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merily, Merily, Merily life is but a Dream and we are all in one large dream boat being cast off to sea to wander looking for what is reality, what is life, what is ...while our mind sits in the comfort of our manifested space and observe. We become witnesses to what events that is before us and what our role is in this space and environment, I Am the Master of my space and environment, events and circumstances: I am the Director of my own Movie, Skipper of my own Boat.

"So, sail on Silver Girl, sail on by....

Your time has come to shine...

All your dreams along the way...

See how they Shine, ohh when you need a friend,

I'm sailing right behind..." -

 Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Simon and Garfunckle.


Man needs his contact with his fellow man at all levels of personal relationship is possible. Our interpersonal relationship with others is what keeps us moving along towards higher hopes of not only the survival but preservation of human honor and dignity to be called a Man.

"Place no man above or below you," the Buddha is said to have said. 

"For there is none above, nor below is greater than you" With this assertion one steps into the Dharma position of being who we truly are while on this journey, of self discovery, of understanding one's original nature the original mask worn before the journey had begun; that which was before you were conceived, before the breath of the Lord was blown into you or before your ancestor crawled out from the depths of the muddy waters and mutated into being who you are. Regardless of how I have come to view myself I get his feeling that I am really running in circles over nothing in particular while making believe that I am actually doing something great and useful, productive and even creative for the benefit of humanity, at least those who take the trouble to read!


"So, sitting on the Dock of the Bay...wastin time."

This entry dedicated to all my friends at the fisherman's jetty. I am grateful for their friendship, their respect, trust and understanding. Their final acceptance of me for who I am into their private club their inner sanctum, be ever so humble as it may seems. From them I have learned what humility and integrity means, what love and compassion towards cats means and what sharing the food on the table is all about. this is how my mind rambles as I sit and watch the waves roll by.
  




  
 

 

No comments: