Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Hanging out places for the past few months.



The Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah, MGTF -  University Sains Malaysia, USM is another one of my long time hanging out place where I get to meet  those who are work for the Government, the intellects and the thinker. I have yet to meet the real spiritually intellectual man, or intellectually spiritual man. whatever that means, I will recognize him one day. 


The sad news is, I found out that my good friend if not my brother Hasnul J. Saidon has been diagnosed with cancer of the kidney. Hasnul is my lifetime connection to the Museum and we had many creative and productive times together. He was responsible for my first solo exhibition in Georgetown, Penang. The Show entitled "HUMIND" was exhibited at a Bank on Beach Street. He opened the doors for me to share my works with the public and we often sit and shoot the crap about nothing.



This was the exhibition that Hasnul who is the Director of the Museum was working on when I visited the place during months that I had not made any entry into my Blog. This is to me Hasnul's creative art installation, it was dynamic, and draws you into the whole set up.
 






My daughter's car, the Axia is what I get around in and it is the perfect vehicle for the City where parking makes you want to give up driving. The Museum and its environment has been my practice place just the fisherman's jetty in jelutong is. People think relatively all the same thoughts only at different levels. For me being able to hang out with the good the bad and the ugly and survive is good enough.


Afzanizam is his name and he has all the potentials of becoming the next director if Hasnul quits. Good man from my years of hanging out together.  


Where the Boys hangout shooting the breeze, Zam, Hasnul and Myself. Discussing our purpose in life when this pictures were taken and how to promote this from the perspective of a Museum Gallery. The quality of life is measured by the company you keep, the more the merrier. Friendship and camaraderie is the measurement by which you gauge your state of beingness if all is in its proper place and extremely well balanced throughout. Your friends and loved ones are mirrors of who you are, you share in their happiness and grieve. May my Brother Hasnul remains strong and positive in facing this cancer of his. 

 

No comments: