Saturday, May 23, 2020

Tomorrow is Eid Mubarak - May the Grace of Allah be with you.

According to Dr. James Pennebaker, a psychologist and leading expert in the field of Expressive Writing — a type of journaling that usually involves exploring issues that can literally correct the course of your life — journaling strengthens immune cells called T-lymphocytes and has been shown to be associated with drops in depression, anxiety, and increases in positive mood, social engagement, and quality of close relationships.”

Hmm. I guess I have been on the right track all along. My journal writing started sometime in 1978 with my first, "Travel Journal", or scrap book that i carried with me when I visited London and Wales, England. It was my first such trip that was done as a part of my College project and since then I had kept and ongoing journal of sketches and all sorts of writings and photos, bus tickets and whatever else that I deemed worth keeping for posterity, my posterity. The came the Internet and Blogging became the replacement to keep on keeping the journal alive; or should I say keeping me alive.

It is also reported Ibn ʿAbbās said: “One hour of contemplation is better than a whole night of vigil worship,” while other authorities taught that, “one hour of contemplation is better than a whole year of worship” (Quoted from: Badri, Malik, Introduction; in: Badri, M., Contemplation. An Islamic Psychospiritual Study, London 2000, p. xi.)

Contemplation and meditation are to me the most potent tools that one can have as a practice in life to help one better understand the workings of one's mind and thought processes albeit in dealing with the daily activities or scientific and spiritual ventures one takes. Man is a thinking creature and as such it is imperative that the thinker should fully comprehend the thought process that he has been endowed with so that it can become a positive and productive tool for his very existence that hopefully embodies all the wisdom and integrity of what it is being a human being. For me it has always been the question of who am I? How do i fit into all this so called the realm of existence; the physical as well as the spiritual realm. In seeking for the answer to this simple truth. I have dived to the deepest levels of my being, mu unconscious as well conscious mind guided by numerous Teachers and Gurus, Religious as well Scientific paradigms, however most importantly what my heart points out to me: what my intuition tells me.


No comments: