Saturday, March 14, 2020

If it takes a virus to end my life I welcome it.

As the world and humanity in general is being brought to a slow grinding halt by what is getting to be a virus pandemic I am down with a lower back ache! I am positive there is no connection whatsoever as for one thing I have not left the house much and as a matter of fact am enjoying the solitary existence as days goes by. Perhaps the mind knew what was coming and had been preparing for the scenario or it is simply not much fun out there anymore, or it is again part and parcel of ageing. I miss doing things though especially travelling, being on the road and getting into other people's lives and drifting out when the time was ripe. It used to be travelling whether locally or globally was smooth and fun, however now just clearing through an airport is a nightmare and any new face walking through the neighborhood is a threat, a potential drug addict scoping or a human trafficker looking for a potential victim. It is getting to become pretty depressing as my daughter pointed out when we talked about it.

But for one who has live seventy odd years now and still think like a seventeen year old I should not complain for I have seen the worse and the best the life has to offer and survived a few major life threats along the way. I survived a total car wreck of an accident, a few motorcycle mishaps that would have cost me a broken arm or leg at the very least. survived falling from a cascading waterfall from one level to the next that had hardly any water to break my fall head first and could have by right broken my neck, survived being attacked and bitten by a German sheppard that has left a gash two inches from my nuts, survived the Loma Pierta San Francisco Earthquake of 1989, survived the Sarin Gas attack in the Tokyo subway of 1995, survived 10 days of commercial fishing in the Bering Sea off the Pacific North West among other life threatening situations. I had experienced three strokes that wiped me off my feet and two of them while I was driving, I knew back then that I was supposed to have ended my life there and then, but I survived and not too many people knew of my condition then. My worse and most painful experience was when I had my pleurisy or liquid in the lungs attack from a Yoga exercise accident.  I have related this incident that took place in Corte Madeira, Marin County, California, a few times in this Blog and so will skip the details. However this experience shook me up pretty bad and it later changed my life.

I would choose a virus rather than a bullet or a knife in my back, and God I hope i do not leave with a messy diaper wrapped around my groin. However , shit happens and who knows where or how or when but it happens and when it happens I hope to be fully conscious rather than  drugged with tubes sticking out of me left and right out of every orifices of my body. How would I die? A very intriguing question to say the least. Most people fear not death itself but how their death would happen. Would it be in the comfort of your home with our loved ones holding your hands or would you   meet your death falling off stool while trying to fix a bulb, or maybe you are simply infected by a virus just like most, a virus said to have been originated from a place called Wu Han in China. Why not? In all my seventy years I have been into and seen more than I can bargain for in human history, these past seventy years of my life has been filled with all kinds of scenarios and some major changes, the rise and fall of governments, appearance and disappearance of cultures, the radical rise in animal extinction, the radical change in climatic conditions and so forth; I am a part of all these as they are a part of me. 


No comments: