Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Blessed are the ignorant...

Of all the three ailments that the Buddha had ascribed as the cause of the suffering of man, I fear Ignorance the most. The other two bein Greed and Hatred are the result of this negative virtue, they are the by product.Our egotistical mind thrives upon this negative virtue of ignorance, stupidity, the lack of spirit in wanting to learn or come to understand about life itself as it affects us, is the fear that is at the key of my understanding; I fear having lived this life like a blind man, ignorant of  who I truly am. I fear not being able to see beyond this veil of ignorance what lies in truth on the other side of the river, Is this all there to it? Is this the summit of the Mystic Mountain?I have tasted being in the state of both form and emptiness even while in this physical form, by tasted I mean I experienced them in both their forms of light and darkness or at least I felt them as much as my consciousness could perceive. I had seen before my eyes how a round tray rack of  White China bowls the last of the last of the batch I had just pulled out of the steam washer, transformed into a white lotus of a thousand petals floating from the tray. It blew my mind till today I can never forget the feeling I had looking into the eyes the only other person present, my Practice Period Instructor, who presence I did not even notice before the incidence and how all he said to me was, "Sometimes it happens," bowed and Gasho, with a big smile on his face walked away in his black robes.

There is no summit at the peak of the mystic mountain, there is only the next moment in space and time to be experienced and the next and the next. If closely observed, i feel we are most of us stuck in a rut of existence that leads us around in circles along the same groove, perhaps until we wear out the groove one day. We will keep repeating our ways and our episodes and stories but we will never be able to leave the circle without awakening to the fact that something is not quite right with our human life, what is wrong with this picture? If I am a 'Star Dust' or the Universe Manifesting Itself in order to witness itself through me, as Deepak Chopra had suggested in one of his videos, I for one am quite happy to know and willing to accept this scientific/spiritual formulation that he had coined. It makes sense and is one of the most positive way of looking at who or what we are in a Collective sense. Yes perhaps we originated outof the same source, the explosion that resulted in the creation of the Super Nova, but from the individual being's perspective i have reservations about how to come to terms with the basic human fault of having a dual thinking mind. The mind that seperates right from wrong, white from black, the mind that has the capacity to create and destroy at will if not checked; a destructive mind that is Maya or Delusion itself.

In my meditation i tell myself that, 'I am not the body nor am I the mind. The mind and body are my tools of expression as i manifest my physical form onto this realm of existence; who am I? I can keep asking this question till doomsday or my end of days, but I highly would receive the answer and when and if i do it would most probably on my final breath on this earth and thus would make very little difference to me then as the whole game has taken a complete change, form has become emptiness, no ears, no nose, no eyes, no touch or taste...all gone; who am I that is left to witness this moment in time and space? My sum of accumulated knowledge throughout my life would mean very little when I am struggling to take my last last breath as fear overcomes my thinking mind that is still conscious of what is happening at the moment, that i am about to take the 'One Step Beyond', into The Twilight Zone;the Absolute Unknown.  Mortality is man's greatest fear, the moment when it all comes to an end, this physical realm of existence will be no more your concern and what do we understand of life after death. or is there life after death?

Blessed are the Ignorant for their ignorance is Bliss.  

No comments: