Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Keep it together as you get older.

Truth be told, I am running out of steam in keeping up with making these Blog entries as I have not much to share but the simple banal daily existence of a man who is running out of his course. It is said that the very virtue of the Bodhisattva of Infinite  Compassion or Avalokiteshvara, better known among the Chinese as Kuan Yin or the Goddess of mercy is in hearing and attending to the call for help from the suffering multitudes, and thus this is why He/She has a thousand arms so as to serve greater numbers of suffering beings in the six realms, the ten directions. To listen with the heart and ears of Compassion is the Way of those who have taken the Vows of the Bodhisattva and thus I will continue to serve as best  can by not giving up on my self realization and awakening through Blogging. If i can still share my experience with but one single soul anywhere in the world i would have done my share of servitude for the day. After all what else is there to do with my time and my mind?

I spent a few hours reading Jung's " Psychology and the Occult" while sitting and facing the Penang Bridge from one of the fisherman's hut off the Jelutung Highway. This is where I spend my time chilling with the sea breeze and the hightide all around me, this is where you find me when I am not home. It is considered the "Hunter's Point" of Georgetown when  like the one on the San Francisco Bay area of Third Street, where the drug enforcement teams often makes a raid, and most Cadillacs and Lincol. This where I have been hanging out for over ten years sitting in huts built over water. I find myself a home here and have done allot of sketching of the landscape and huts over the years. Most of the folks here knows me and have treated me with father like love and respect, young and old alike; I am an enigma to them. I treat each and everyone of them no matter with form addiction they have with equal respect and giving them my full attention when engaged. I have learned a great deal about life hanging out among the down and trodden, often am at the their gracious hospitality; may I bum a cigarette, please.

This whole area of the Jelutung waterfront will soon disappear as the encroachment of development keeps driving the Malay fishermen further out into the sea. The Malays of Penang will go through a tough time in trying to keep themselves alive on this island as the Chinese has taken control of the Government. At the risk of being accused of being a bigot i am sad to say that from my observation the situation for the Malays economically as well as social; they are becoming pariahs in their own home state. However, it is by and large the fault of the Malays themselves that they find themselves in this sorry state, for one thing, to be allowed to be hoodwinked by their elected politicians in the past. It is said that most of the Malays reserved lands or "tanah wakaf' were sold from under their feet by these corrupted politicians. On the one hand Malays can be said to be mostly pious Muslims, however, they can also be said be some of the most greedy and corrupt individuals, unscrupulous and full of envy towards others who are successful or better off than themselves. Most Malays uses religion as a tool to gain their intentions and attentions from the rest of society and it is and will be their downfall if not realized and corrections made.  

There is no fresh water supply to this fisherman's jetty and thus they have to carry water from nearby apartment blocks in order to wash and clean. In the recent General Election, the State Government won a large majority and i asked the Malays here to ask for water supply to be installed for the fisherman's jetty area but no action was taken up. I am not a politician nor am i an activist for any cause except my own which covers just about everything and anything that i encounter at the moment, further from this moment I am not interested to think about. I live day to day now more or less as a watcher, a witness, removed and detached from what I see or listen to. As I approach the age ripe old age of 70, I feel the need to invest my self and energy into just any mental or physical phenomena that does not have any affect on me or my well being; I have learned to conserve my outflow of energy and focus into my inner being and consciousness to keep doing what it is now that I am doing; like keeping a well balanced mind and body synchronicity. 




No comments: