Friday, August 31, 2018

Firbie the cat.

My niece and her family just left the house, their father was my second eldest brother who had passed away a few years ago. Everyone was scared of the cat, she is a fierce cat they they say and she bites, no friendly but very playful. Yep that's Firbie and she is no ordinary cat when it comes to how she treats people. She is part a wild cat and part domesticated cat, this is why she acts wild with others. We have come to learn about each  and it is a humbling experience for me. Through our reactions I saw my myself in anger and impatience sometimes towards her, this young female cat i took from my friend's house in Belantek, Sik, Kedah a few months ago when she was just a kitten. It shamed me sometimes when I hit her fro jumping out of the window and not overshooting and flying 12 floors down to the pavement; I told her she is not a bird, but...I had to give her a whack to remind her that i meant business. She keeps me company and will always has someways to wake me up with. Like she is shouting 'Be Here Now! Come home , Be at home! Play with Me!" I would raise my leg high in front of her when she least expected and goes shooting straight up into the air, like a rocket. We share quiet momenta while I try to sit in meditation she would come sniffing on my fingers demanding for me to Be in the moment, be at home, I am here and then she would lay down on my side as I sit. At five in the morning she would be sniffing up my face to wake me up and I sit after washing myself.

A blessing in disguise Firbie is in my life at this moment, attachment or other wise i am blessed to have this young lady feisty as she may be, for a companion. She gives me something to write about at this moment and time in my life and not all are good, if i might add. Sometimes she can be a real pain in my butt and it tests me as my egoic nature takes over and I become anger and then I would spend the rest of the time regretting it.  Such is, details in our lives that we have to endure in the effort to get to know who we truly are and how we are related to the rest of the world. Paying no mind or attention is the best way I find, that is hey you wish to jump out of the window no problem with me go for it, I will pick up what is left of you on the pavement and bury your body. Very little to do with Love and Compassion really except my daughter and I shall miss your presence and we will move on, I you have nine lives as they say you might even survive the long drop, but i will not count on it; you are not a bird, those pigeons out there, they got wings and you don't!  




  

No comments: