Tuesday, January 07, 2014

What is Going on?

It has been a month now since I left Penang to travel and see the land of my people, their lives and their homes and instead I have been living here at this organic farm far out in the hinterland of the State of Keday only about three hours drive from my home. What has held me here is the fact that it seems to call out to me to linger on and do what i can for the place and those struggling to keep it alive.

It also seems to call to me to stop and find myself among the wild and the remote piece of land located in a valley not unlike the farm i lived in in California while practising Zen Buddhism and organic farming. The first week was a challenge as I was left alone most of the nights as everyone who work  here lives close by and goes home every evening. Left alone in the middle of nowhere with the jungle all around you can be taunting for one who has been living in the city for  a good part of his life. Every out of the ordinary sounds and noises around the hut gets you out of your sleep and grabbing your 'parang'. 

Sights and scenes that you once as a child used to feel at home with now becomes special as you grow older knowing that sooner or later you will leave this life and all these that you are experiencing would only be just dreams. I am a dreamer and I love to fill my dreams with as much episodes as i possibly can and being in this valley has allowed me to relive my childhood days spent in the remote areas of the interior of the State of Terengganu or Ulu Trengganu. as it is well known there. It is back to nature before it claims this body for good.
At night it gets to be so quiet sometimes you can hear yourself thinking out loud like there are other guys sitting in the hut with you. It is such a weird feeling when you are so used to the traffic every two minutes while in Penang. It is almost pure here where you are a part of the whole from the time you wake up till the time you are forcing yourself to sleep; this is one problem I have here and that is falling asleep.








No comments: