Saturday, June 16, 2018

There's a time to be sowing and a time to be reaping...

All over the country in mosques and suraus the Takbir is heard as the end of the fasting month is greeted by Aidl Fitri, "Balik Kampung!" or back to the village to celebrate Eid Mubarak. I am supposed to be in the East Coast by early this morning celebrating my second day Raya with my brothers and sisters, but that was not meant to be. It did not happen because my nephew who sent me to the station and I sat and awited for my ride from 11pm. till 2;30 am and the Van that was supposed to take me to Kuala Terengganu was still running around picking up passengers. I got tired just from sitting by the curb sniffing bus fumes and finally accepted that fact that I am too old for these unnecessary ego trips. My body is sure as hell giving me warning signals of limitations in an ageing body. I chose to stay home instead and eal my back pain and migraine headache. It was actually a blessing in disguise now that I look back on it, I am glad I did not not take on the challenge, it would have wrecked my body and not to mention my mind and spirit. 8 Hours of sitting in the most uncomfortable seat of a Van and driving through the wee early morning across the Main Range, was not my cup of tea; I gave up.

Such Is! I burned RM83 and with the feeling that i have been ripped off by a ghost syndicate that takes advantage of the unwary and put people in misery waiting; I felt sorry for the foreign tourists being victimized like me, but at least i have a choice where they don't. We offer the poorest service sometimes in whatever that we do, often with total disregard of the well being of customers. Their comfort and safety, their being kept informed and updated of progress towards getting them on their way. No, I simply would rather admit to myself that i had been taken for a ride and consider it a gift to the dark side and retreat into the comfort of my cave and meditate and contemplate and hopefully become enlightened! Yeah, Right! I know, not to be kept in mind, this glamorous idea, being awakened and the rest of it as JK used to say...rubbish! This is all part and parcel of your mental perception, that which your mind has manifested through past conditionings and experiences, these and the expression of a thought, one single question, " Siapakah diri ini?" or Who am I? What brought me here? Why and how am I here? Before my final breath it would be nice to be able to hear or witness the answers for better or worse.
WallahuAlam!





    

No comments: