Thursday, August 14, 2014

When in Doubt, Go Fishing 2

Fishing is a time honored escape for most who do it just because..and dressing up for the occasion is also time honored. The tide is moving in, a good time to fish a the mouth of the Sungai Burong river in Balik Pulau where my Nephew and niece lives.. but that does not men i caught any. What is important is the thought you have about it. Fishing is relaxing, is it? Yes and no. But if there is other alternatives that are better than and an take your mind away from too much thinking of useless thoughts, fishing is not to bad a hobby. At least the open sea keeps your mental perceptions on a wide angle lens.

My nephew in law is a very hard working low profile and most down to earth human being i have known and am very happy that i recommended him  to my late bother when he came asking for my nieces hands in marriage. I remeber telling my brother and sister in law that his not so good looking appearance and low key character is perfect for their only daughter and i am right thank God!

He works at an electronic factory on twelve hours shift and had just came home this morning, and now he is out casting net to catch prawns or perhaps if lucky some fishes.  He got his two girls out of the house and into the muddy waters of the river and  all in a day's work as a father. This is what a man is to my knowledge, nothing special but all the warmth and love of a  father.

Off course she ended up in the water before too long, it was not just staring for nothing!


In caoturing time and moment in my life i share a little bit of what my mind does it order that it might keep itself busy more productively and if it affects other in a positive way more power to it. I believe my presence means a great deal to those around me for so long as i am all there and not just for my own personal excuse to being there.

So even if i chose to visit my family for my own excuse of letting go of my mental entanglements and vexations, I was there for other more productive as well as creative reasons as well, and at the same time i fulfilled my filial obligations towards my brother's family,  This is all part of healing the 'splintered soul', this is the human bonding that is slowly eroding from our day to day existence..

No comments: