Friday, April 29, 2022

With a new car my ...I celebrate Aidil Fitri...The last day of the Fasting Month.. The Eve of Hari Raya Posa!


Forgot to suck my tummy in! What would Ben Rongen say!
On the 27th. day of the Fasting Month I visited the Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah,(MGTF) - University Sains Malaysia,(USM) driving my new car that was two days old to get there. It has been a long time since I visited the Galleri and I was pleasantly surprised to find a printmaking exhibition was going on and two of my works were selected for the show. While I was there I was also introduced to a group intern students by my friend the Director, Hasnol J. Saidon who asked me to give them brief talk about art and I did. I talked about,  'What is 'originality' entails in the creative process of creating an art piece and how to attain this 'original idea.' I introduced them to the art of 'Meditation'.
Two pieces of my Monoprints which donated to the Museum years ago was selected to be among the collective works of printmaking techniques represented at the exhibition. Monoprint technique has always been my favorite medium of epression as an artist apart from sketching and drawing. I preferred it more so than painting, however to do it one has to have a printing press or a printmaking studio.
One of my watercolor and ink sketches of random faces which I entitled,'Faces of Destiny'  was well received when I posted it on Facebook. It is interesting to note that most of those who like or commented my art posts on fb are not artists themselves. Overtime I noticed this trend and removed most of the so called artist fb friends I have as I was supporting them through my like and comments but not getting any reciprocal from them at all when I post my works; I decided to clean up my fb space to allow for more space and less distractions.


This sketch I did a portrait of one of my Chinese artist friends 'Ip Seng' was done in Balik Pulau during the Fasting of 7/2012 and I posted it on fb a few days ago just to share my style of sketching a portrait when I felt like doing so and this sketch captured the character well. I have no idea why this sketch insist on appearing on this post, it was not planned in other words, it appeared by mistake, my inability to work with the computer after all these years and after over 2000 blog entries made...I still type with one finger.


A sketch done the same time in the same sketchbook of  7/2012 of the Malay fisherman's jetty which I also posted on fb which was also well received by my non artist fb friends. This sketching reminded me of my dear friend who passed away a few months back. This evening on the final day of the fasting month I visited the Malay Fishermen's Jetty and celebrated the Raya Eve mostly listening to Mamu Non,.. berating over the poor handling of the announcing the actual Raya date throwing the whole Malay Muslim nation into a very traumatic and chaotic state of minds....,who to blame! in these day and age of modern technologies ...Salam Aidil Fitri...Selamat hari Raya! We talked about our departed frind, Arwah Lee Bakoi.

#hariraya,#aidilfitri,#fastingmonth,#printmaking,#mgtfusm#

No comments: