Friday, August 20, 2021

And I woke up this morning -It's Friday!

 Living in a sick society is very toxic to the soul and a challenge to the spirit and today as never before the whole of humanity is drifting in a sea of toxicity both natural and man made. The status we are in as a specie is so deplorable that even the reign of Attila The Hun and Adolph Hitler is now becoming a walk in the park, Yes many if not millions died during the wars of ages but be as it may, the wars were identifiable, recognizable, and the reasons for fighting were no mystery that it was mostly due to Greed, Hate and Ignorance., the three inherent human illnesses from beginning-less of time. Today humanity is sick from reasons beyond comprehension, we are mentally, physically and spiritually sick for no good reason other than being just sick of it all. We are living in a pressure cooker that has a no release valve and waiting for the time to burst as we keep living in denial of where we are at as a specie, headed for a final count down short of an Armageddon, a self fulfilling, End of Days and it is gathering momentum as we trudge towards this final phase of our existence on this plane of existence.

It must be Friday morning! Through the years I have come to realize that the Fridays of my life has been not such a 'Holy-day' for me as a Muslim. Perhaps it is because I seldom pray like all the goof God fearing Muslims and Friday Prayers included. It is said that if one misses three consecutive Friday Prayers in a row on e is not a Muslim and thus that has ruled me out a long time ago. Does that mean that I am not scared of God or to die? No! I am scared shit-less come to think of it, and this is why I try not to think, non-thinking, no thoughts. Easier said than done cause the more I dwell on the matter the worse it gets and I notice how my mind thrives on bringing God and death into the equation when all else fails to shake me from my resolve. What's my resolve? For one I have resolved to get to know who I truly am before I get to know my Maker, my Creator and oh yes, I totally believe in there being a God, the One and only and call it by whatever Name your religion and culture has insttructed you to, but there is no doubt in my mind that God in all His Infinite Being exists in my heart and my mind. Living this life on this plane of existence I live my life with the total acceptance that I am the property of my Maker and he commands my every breath that I take and not to mention, every move that I make and yes He is watching me...as the song goes, (Sting).

However i do not fear my Lord to the point of being petrified or with an acceptance of a mindless worm simply existing to turn the soil while waiting for evolution to convert me to my next realm which hopefully would elevate me to a higher level as I fail to see how much lower I can get. Seeing that I am now existing as a human with a free will and a sharp mind to boot, I would consider my life a waste if I do not come to a state opf understanding of who or what I am in relationship to the rest of this Universe and the Lord my Maker.  Is it my ego that is talking out? Perhaps. However that does not take it away from the fact that I still tremble at the thought of what might lie ahead for my in the after life and more so for being an arrogant and incorrigible entity who has been endowed with such blessings better than most in his life; I deserve to be afraid. Am I not grateful for all that I have been blessed with? Oh. more than words can express and this is not because I am afraid of God or of dying but this is because I Love my Lord and I look forward to death,(except for the process itself). 

When we look deeply into impermanence, we see that things change because causes and conditions change. When we look deeply into non-self, we see that the existence of every single thing is possible only because of the existence of everything else. We see everything else is the cause and condition for its existence. We see that everything else is in it...
If we practice the art of mindful living, when things change, we won’t have any regrets. We can smile, because we have done our best to enjoy every moment of our life and to make others happy... The teaching of impermanence helps us appreciate fully what is there, without attachment or forgetfulness.
- Thich Nhat Hanh, in "Long Live Impermanence!!!".
(Artwork: Pipo Nguyen Duy)
No photo description available.
13

 

  

No comments: