Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Capturing the Virus -COVID19 -

 


The Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah (MGTF) --Univesity Sains Malaysia (USM) invited me to participate in a live streaming of six artists myself included. It was called "Pleinair Art" and so I joined in with my piece of work that was unfinished from the last series I was working on. This painting was a part of my solo exhibit at the Galeri Seni Mutiara entitled "OUT SAM B" and the opening was done on my 70th. Birthday. 



The Webinar was also joined in by an African American Artist from Illinois Najjar Musawil who had visited Penang a few years ago, Najjar is a Professor at the University of Southern Illinois and the Dean of the Arts Dept. I have written of Najjar's visit here in the Blog sometime ago. There was also a Nigerian student who is doing his gradaute studies at USM who is an excellent artist and a very friendly and humble man. Abdullahi Suleiman or Leman as he is known among friends here lives in England but fell in love with Malaysia and one of her citizens and has decided that he would make this country his second home or should i say third home. #learnart#learnoninstagram #portraitdrawing #charcoaldrawing  



T.C. Liew and Mysol Baha are two upcoming young artists who are multi-talented and have been very active in the art scene here especially in being productive teachers in art. And then there is Hasnul J. Saidon the organizer and Director of the Museum, a very well known and respected man in his field. We have been friends for many years now and still keep in touch.  

No comments: