Monday, September 24, 2018

Ode to Pink.

I am on the verge of giving up this blogging in the name of self discovery trip, it is becoming a tedious thing that really is not getting e any closer to the Truth of the matter, whatever that may be. I have looked deep and wide so far anyone can go and i have spent hours of my time and dug my brain as deep as i possibly can for any new insight that might still be laying dormant in my subconscious to pop out and give me a boost, an inspiration, anything worth taking note of as to the why or what of this whole trip. I don't even know if I am doing it for myself or for those who have been taking the trouble to read this What exactly am I trying to prove to myself, I have no idea anymore and I am as lost spiritually as i have ever been, still lost and groping in the dark. No doubt that i must have felt this way numerous times in the past as this lengthy Blog would testify.

And this too shall pass, I keep saying to myself, and this too shall pass for nothing last forever and all is impermanence. Not understanding this leads to Samsara, one of the causes, the Buddha said of suffering. Ignorance of which i am most acquainted with throughout my life is the major cause of suffering and most of us are even the smartest among us as we cling to our success and fame in the course of our life. Craving, clinging on to holding on to and not being able to let go, is yet another cause of suffering.  All these i thought I have understood, perhaps i do intellectually but not in practice. In practice I am still the weak minded, frightened and often naive child lost in time and space; a seventy year old behaving and thinking like a seven year old. Where is the wisdom in that. "Frightened by shadows at night and exposed in the light,..Shine on you crazy diamond!" as Pink Floyd sang in one of their albums. " You reach for the secret too soon, and now you cry for the moon...Shine on you crazy diamond!" These words from the album "Wish you were Here," was etched into my mind ever since i was in college and first heard of Pink Floyd.

Music acts as a stimulant in me and sounds a vibrations helps my mind to either stay calm and focused or helps to raise my state of consciousness to an intense level of excitement or agitation depending on the type of vibrations. I never paid much attention to this in the past and perhaps was ignorant of what the effect of sound and vibrations had on a mental state. However now having looked into more closely of the studies made by various sciences on this matter I am beginning to have a better understanding of how effective sounds and vibrations are on my consciousness and how lasting some thoughts and ideas remain in my mind through listening to them in the form of music, well arranged, well written and well presented live on stage; thank you Guys! (Pink Floyd).





No comments: