Friday, October 27, 2017

Dwelling in the past - Sitting on the Docks of the Bay.

Mr. Odell Edwards was one of my fellow employee who a very gentle and soft spoken black man.He was always smartly dressed and a very diligent worker who seldom complained. Odell was there when I had problem handling the African Americans working under my supervision. I got to know their mentality better after having many talks with Odell while we worked together.
The Chief -Tim Mosquida was of my mentors who set me straight when I needed to be so. He was a Navajo Tribal Elder who left the reservation to settle down in the San Francisco Bay Area. He was also one of the Old Timers who were among the fist few to set up the H&H Ship Service company on the China Basin water front which is not far from the Fisherman's Wharf and the Bay Bridge. Tim was my ;God father and treated me like shit, as it was his way of liking me. He had hearing problem and shouted when he spoke. 

I did this sketch  of a cargo ship anchored at one of the piers on the San francisco water front while i was working as a Yard Supervisor for a ship servicing and  environmental services located on China basin. H&H Ship. Services is no more in existence now as the whole China basin area is now being transformed into The Giants baseball stadium. 


Sometimes during my lunch time i would sit and sketch this river scene  which is located not too far from the Third Street Lefty O'doul Draw Bridge to my left. To my right I spent over six years working at this site and had many unforgettable moments of my life of which I have written often
 in this Blog over the years.


  


No comments: