Thursday, August 17, 2017

Let these fingers become a source of healing.

I visited my cousin in the hospital this afternoon who has been bed ridden due to several complications including failed kidney functions, heart problem and a host of other funs stuff according to the doctors at Lam Wa Ee medical center. He is my uncle's youngest child and had grown up in an orphanage during his childhood years. My late uncle was the man who adopted me and raised me for twelve years of my life until I was returned to my immediate family at the age of twelve and so i feel like an elder brother to this cousin. Johan Hamid has always been a very happy go lucky kind of guy who was full of life and entertaining, at least until now. Now he lays there in bed sweating and his hands shaking with pain and fear written on his face when i first walked into the room. 
I sat beside the bed and took a hold of his hand in both of mine and fell into deep meditative state which actually caught me by surprise. I kept staying in this state of mind for a while and felt him relax as his breathing became normal and his hands stop shaking. After a few minutes he was fast asleep and even snoring occasionally. There were two other persons in the room and they were silent watching what was transpiring and after a while one of them came over and tapped me on my shoulder and woke me from my deep 'sleep'. Later in the afternoon I noticed my cousin was more active as more people came into the room and he was able to eat. A nurse came and checked his status and she told him that he had no more fever.
Perhaps i am reading too much into what had happened at the time but deep in me i know i have helped my cousin to ease his fear and pain, at least for the time being. I am beginning to believe in my ability to calm a person down by mindfully focussing on my breathing and bringing myself to a centered state and form this to transfer this soothing energy to another person who is having  mental difficulties in one form or another through an illness. I am not sure if I am even making any sense as i am writing, but hell I am only trying to understand it myself. I have done this several times before but thought nothing of it and also not to kid myself into believing something I am not. But after my last entry about becoming a healer of sorts, this episode with my cousin seems to nail my coffin; perhaps i am becoming a healer. If I am truly, I have no problem with it except i will have to start practicing my own art of healing to better serve those who might be in need and can benefit from it.
I realize that I am not a miracle worker far from it, but I know there is higher power I feel working from within me every time i am in this kind of situation and often enough i would remove myself from being there out of fear of getting involved. However this time it involved someone close to me and to whose father I  owe a debt, I just had to become present and do what needed to be done. I will from now on make it my effort to understand better what i have and hone my ability to perfection. This is perhaps how i can serve my fellow man when I claim to be a Bodhisatva; it it is, so be it. 

" What does God look like, when He wants to look like something, He looks like you without an ego." ... Mooji Baba.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,WhatsApp +917418483326
Tel: +91 9036106919
Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com