Wednesday, January 29, 2014

No.19 - Batu Buruk Food Court.

The Lead Man, I would call my friend whom I call Izam at number 19 Cafe in Batu Buruk Food Court. Our friendship stretches back fifteen years or so in time. It was his house that we rented while living off Pantai Putri in Tok Jembal, Terengganu.

This was where i used to hung out when my family first moved to Kuala Terengganu and today youngsters from nearby colleges comes around to listen to my brother Izam speaks You name the subject and he can tear it to pieces and redo the whole thing again for you in a different manner. But his heart is at the right place by my account and so we have remained close friends over the years.

I let them browse through my past years journals while I talk with them about my way of doing things, of seeing things and hopefully it will add on to their knowledge.

They watched me work right there and then and hopefully it inspires them to do the same.
This is my 'Art on the Road', my Road Show, sharing myself as an artist with those who happens to be around me and usually things happens spontaneously with any preplanned ideas or arrangements made. A  right question is asked with the genuine interest to learn and the flood gates of knowledge and experiences opens; the sharing happens.
The body of and expensive guitar frame I was aked to do a design on, why not? Carpe Diem! Seaze the moment! Dance on Nataraja Dance on O Shiva! as the Hindus would call out to their Lords and deities; Perform! Act! Become!

Creation Iself.

No comments: