Saturday, September 16, 2023

A walk with Ben at Hin Bus Depot.

 



 And the bird said, "Up your nose ,Lady!." A wood sculpture and according to Ben, the wood came Lee Khai's place in town being renovated. 

A mornign spent with my brother Ben at the Hin Bus Depot where he has his own shop selling broken pieces of Chinese ceramic ware from the Ming Dynasty found in a Portuguese Shipwreck off the coast of Terengganu. It is called the Wanli shipwreck.  It is estimated to be 400 years old give or take, and although most of the Chinese plates and bowls were broken to pieces there were some still intact as a whole piece and these today are priceless collection. Ben who was a part of the salvage crew of the WANLI shipwreck did a documentary of the operation which you can watch in his shop. If there is a fault in him, Ben loves to talk especially about his time living for six years on the East Coast at Jambu Bongkok  located between Dungun and Marang. If you ever find your way to his shop I will guarantee that you will leave with more than when you walked in.


The Art of transformation from the discarded to the work on a pedestal being admired by all who perceives. Art when genuinely done art for the sake of art or art for art's sake. can make changes happen in a more positive ways than religion or politics in a society. I am very happy to see more and young artists emerging and making their talents known to the rest of the community. Georgetown is blessed in this sense that art is becoming more and more alive helping to maintain the balance between the mundane and the sophisticated and sublime. All work and no play makes anyone and everyone a dull boy. 



Samseung is having a Flip Flop of a day at Hin Bus Depot sales promotion for their latest product.




Standing tall and delivering right between the legs; Think Big! Become Big! Think small become small. Big is just the Flip side of small, the Flop side.


I would one day like to become the chairman of my own business! Right now I am not doing too bad as most of the chairs in my company is empty, less competition and more chances. Most of my adult life I have always worked for myself, I am the Boss of my own life and no one makes plans for me without my consent or blessings. I may sweep the floors and clean the toilets, but i do it for me my well being, to heal my wounded soul to humble my arrogant ego, to keep my sanity intact; the paycheck is only a bonus.

No comments: