Monday, September 18, 2023

Why the need to take a Monsoon Retreat on Pulau Kapas.

 The path of the Bodhisattva is fraught with tests and setbacks and as we mature with age the "practices," will evolve to become more or less effortless eventually becomes same as breathing itself. I believe we have to earn the rites of passage to attain to the status of a Bodhisattva by virtue. It is not a planned or prefabricated idea but something that grows along the way evolving to become fully at onement with the Self. I noticed that nothing forced will happen according to our expectation, it often falls short. Patience is a virtue most relevant to cultivate if one is on the journey towards liberation. When we begin to comprehend the workings of the body and mind and how the soul is trapped by these workings taking what is not real for the real, perhaps we will begin to recognize our own true nature in relationship to the rest of universe, knowing this we learn how to serve. However much has to be endured, physically, mentally and spiritually and overcome with Right Understanding, leaving behind all that is not real, untrue, illusional and taking of the real and the eternally permanent. One keeps slipping and sliding along as one grows old and sometimes it all seemed one big waste of time, and other times it seemed  miraculous. We live a life of infinite possibilities and how we choose to live is all entirely up to each and every individual our choices predicts our future. We are limited or in full abundance, poor and destitute or affluent beyond our dream; this was our choices. To the majority of us, Life is like watching NETFLIX or HBO or You Tube, you choose and there is always plenty to choose from; what is your pleasure?! I am watching Jack Ryan one of Tom Clancy's series on PRIMETV, it's one of my escape from reality, I have a few others.  

I am writing to myself and so it makes it as personal as it can get that transcend any form or judgement or attack from the external realm of physical existence; in other words this is pretty much who I am thus far, like it or leave it. In keeping this ongoing journal of my life as it happens is as much what is my Art - The Art of Living, {as an Artist}? What began in England sometime in 1978, led to this stage of my self documentation of the life and times of the 'Cheeseburger Buddha', the 'Wanabe' Monk from the Mahayana  school of  Zen Buddhisma, in Practice. Yes, this is the role I play because I have now accept my place in this life and there is no more greater calling for me except to Accept and Honor my Past Teachers, Gurus and Spiritual Masters gifts to me, It is in the Honor of my Parents and theirs before them, in the honor and all beings in the Six Realms, ten directions, past present and future, I therefore stand upon THIS my Dharma position and declare to my Self and to the Universe that, Laillaha'illalLah! Muhammad, RsullalLah! No God! only Allah! {The God} and Muhammad is His Messenger! This is my Dharma position in Faith. I am working it out to make sense to myself as it is, i am treading into deeper end of the pool and must be cautious for what I say or leave on paper, so do not take my words for it and share these Ramblings sparingly with those who are sailing on the same canoe down the same river of rocks and rapids, the Journey is never the same for any two souls ever that came into existence. We all walk our own path with the understanding of how far or how near we are from the Truth depends entirely upon our Right Understanding of the nature of Being, {who we are.} It is our individual duty, at least mine is, to strive towards waking up or towards some form of Spiritual awakening, self realization, or simply being aware with bare attention to all that is out there. Out there is the Ureal where else within is the 'Temple of the Divine', The Christ consciousness, the Source of of life itself, The absolute, unconditioned, the One infinite Consciousness Itself and as a Muslim I call Him Allah{SWT} and I surrender unto Him all that I am in Essence and in Spirit. I am not a  religious man but I am very much into my spiritual understanding and development,=; I am That! 

Have you ever listened to Classical Guitarist, Estas Tonne'S "Mirror of life?" it's on You Tube if you care to, one of the most powerful Guitar expression I have even listened to, played with full of passion and a tune that comes direct from the heart and soul of the musician; his music tells his story.  This is consciousness expressing through sounds and vibrations taking our own sense of being to a greater height, it is meditative and full of energy when listened to: it cam be overwhelming if one is sucked into its story telling. I am always awed by Estas Tonne's fingers moving on the guitar selecting precise strings and making it all come together from beginning to end. In my esteem He is among the most prolific Classical Guitarist Today who plays his own tunes. I purposely took a detour from my line of thoughts from the pervious paragraph to step back from too much 'Reality.' Striking a balance is the Middle Way as expounded by the Buddha in his teachings, there is only pain and suffering in extremism. Knowing enough is more than enough is the mark of a one who has had enough and crave for no more. It is my intention to spend some time on Pulau Kapas reflecting upon all the teachings of the ancient ones and practice whatever I can or need to at every moment of this journey, this journey of self healing, the process is never ending this journey towards self liberation or the ending of pain and suffering within and without. back aches and skin rashes to the recovery and rejuvenating  of the heart and soul while there is time to do so for a man of my age.  #pulaukapas #kapasboutiqueresort #

 

No comments: