Sunday, March 27, 2022

Pictures that stirs memories and tells you where you were/ what you did......

The view of Balik Pulau behind me, (the other side of the Island) was taken not too long ago and it is here to remind me of where I am at these days in this montage of looking back in time of my live. I was here at 72 Years of age, penniless and living with my children, but I was happy. The year 2021.

My visit to Kuala Terengganu, on the East Coast of the Peninsular here I was sitting at the dinner table with my nephew who took me for the best Satay in town. I have many nephews and nieces all over the country and most would entertain me with respect if not love whenver I was able to visit them. The year 2022

My visit to Jogjakarta in Sumatra, Indonesia sometime in 2008? was a time I felt like I was in a land of dreams. This was where I experienced where art and aesthetics became one with the reality/ illusion of life. Here Iwa able to visit the monumental historical site of the Borobudur and several other Hindu temples located close to the Gunung Merapi area. The year 2017


The Metre D at the prestigious Saint Peter's Crowne Plaza in Rome was most accommodating and made my stay there most memorable,  I was 65 then. My visit to Rome was arranged by my eldest son who was then an airline Pilot for the Emirates Air.  The year 2011 

Eating crabs at my friend Ah Huat's the auto air condition
 mechanic shop. This was a time when I was lost in space and time looking for a sense of belonging and being productive. I was able to experience what it was like working at a auto mechanic workshop even if it was for no salary but just pure friendship. 

Little Penang Street Market where I used to sell my artwork,  was was the brainchild of Joe Sidek who presently is my daughter's employer. Joe ended up being a very well known event management producer well liked and respected. Here I was with a friend, Scott DeSilva who is a restaurant owner and Chef now operating in Bangkok, Thailand.




Sitting in the galley of the fishing vessel, The Iceland with my fellow crew members, Mr. Phil Roe and J.R Le Bark, (shaking his hand). Somtime in 1982-3 I was a commercial fisherman in the Aleutian Chains off the Alaskan coast in the Pacific Northwest. 


Sharing my art at a Fair on Armenian Street in Georgetown, Penang.
                                                                             


Planting rice at the SRI LOVELY Organic Farm in the village of Lintang, in Sik, Kedah  sometime in 2012 - 14. I had stopped at this farm for a 2 days visit and ended up staying for two months doing intensive 'work practice' for the development of body, mind and spirit.

 
                                                                              
Sitting at the entrance of a Minangkabau home with the proud owner in Indonesia where the whole house seems like an architectural work of art inside out.  And the Good Lord asked, "What have you done with your life?"




 

No comments: