Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Just Rambling on...

A Zen Koan from the Blue Cliff Records:-
or in Japanese the Mumonkan.

"A line is cast in the Rapids,
And the Greedy is caught!
As soon as your mouth is open,
Your life is Lost!

I must have posted this Koan a dozen of times over the years since I first came across it while doing my Practice Period at the San Francisco Zen Center at Green Gulch Farm. In my two years at the Gulch, I took it upon myself to thoroughly understand Buddhism. It is a way of life that I was raised by for twelve years of my childhood life before I was converted to Islam at the age of 12. I made it my intention to dive as deep as i possibly could into the different schools from the Hinayana Tradition that I was raised into to the Tantric Buddism of the Tibetan schools. I spent a whole lot of my time in the library at Green Gulch and later at Tassajarra Zen Mountain Center located in the Big Sur in the Carmel Valley area. I was blessed with books and texts that I think is almost impossible to find on the topic of Buddhism. It was like a hungry being freed into a hay field. I got to meet, Dogen and Rinzai while being watched by Bankei and I have met Syun Ryu Suzuki Roshi, I talked to Marpa about Milarepa and I took the Bodhisattva vows on every full moon of the month along with some twenty five other of my Practicing Dharma Brothers led by our Instructor and friend, Paul Disco. I embraced my understanding of the Buddha's way at the highest deepest essence of what The Buddhism of Buddha Shakyamuni  is all about. I might even add that it had help to liberate my soul from a lower level to higher plane of existence; I have come a very long way from becoming a homeless drunk, with very low moral virtue and self esteem or none to speak of, I am now doing not too bad at seventy still ass kicking on the Internet and the spreading of my humble wisdom to be shared by those who happens to stumble upon this Ramblings of the Cheeseburger Buddha.

There is a silence in between every in and out breath and in this moment of silence you can hear the voice in your heart speaking to you. Don't try to listen to it. (instead), Listen to you breath rising and falling and know that when you breath in, you are breathing in and when you breath out you are breathing out... there is nothing more than simply this. All else is Maya, delusions and ignorance most of us is lost in this realm of Maya seeking our way out back home. We keep building our sand castles and the next wave comes along and we are back to square one telling ourselves that these are the nature of impermanence, nothing last for ever and that eternity is where you are at. 

Satchitananda (IASTSaccidānanda) or Sacchidānanda representing "existence, consciousness, and bliss"[1][2] or "truth, consciousness, bliss",[3] is an epithet and description for the subjective experience of the ultimate, unchanging reality in Hinduism called Brahman.[4][5][note 1]
Wikepedia

For me, understanding the theories and practice of Buddhism has brought me closer to this state of Satchitananda. I feel myself being drawn more and more into the practice of meditation, raja and hatha Yoga on a daily basis. It is as though I am manifesting my practice more and more in the physical and mental forms with an awakened consciousness. No big deal really except that I am becoming less distracted and more focused over what or where I am at. I am able to more and more detach myself, letting go what is no more needed and pacifying my rise and fall of emotional vexations, recognizing old persistent habits and so forth.

Existence, Truth or reality is where we are at, meditating on our breath leading on to a heightened state of awareness and consciousness and resulting in Bliss.

No comments: