Sunday, February 23, 2020

Taking the next step into Breathing...

Never hold you breath too long or too short remain constant in rythm of in and out, rise and fall here and there inside and out there...the Breath is the bridge between the two opposite worlds of the Cosmic Symbol of Yin and Yang. Without having to think through like I just did, just know that it all begins, runs and ends with your breath. Breathing is  like the feeling of the Master's Katana slicing through the air and taking your head off without the slightest feeling ...effortlessly. This is the razor's edge that we are walking along if we are awaken enough. To understand the workings of the "Dual thinking Mind,"is like studying yourself, like a neuro-scientist understanding who you are and what and why, has life been this way for you, what is the purpose to all these years of being born into this world of Maya and endure suffering again and again within and without; asking for answers and seeking knowledge is the Nature of the "Way Seeking Mind," the mind that dances around like the Monkey God as He surf the clouds of heaven. This is my way of passing my morning as I listen to Hans Zimmer's, "The Last Samurai," sound tracks on You Tube, I breath in knowing that I am taking a long deep breath and breathing out effortlessly, in and out, in and out...and knowing this too will not last...this too will pass...

Bless the moment, of being and touch with the sound of a powerful music while letting the fingers surf the keys following the dictates  of the mind. Riding every note like on a sailing boat over a calm lake and the to feel the turbulent nature of the human spirit, the Warrior Spirit of the Samurai in facing death. Be in the Presence, in the Here and Now as the great teachers have been urging us to do and breath in and out effortlessly, imagine the final charge of the Warlord and his American partner against the Imperial Kansai army, imagine riding along to the rise and fall of Hans Zimmer  power of the sound of music, to me it has always been mesmerizing as well meditative; I have registered it into my genetic code for future references to the taste of music, including my other favorites like Pink Floyd, Kitaro, Enigma and Willie Nelson...too many to keep count, the orchestra pieces always raise the hair on the back of my head.

I write this post, like an addict who finds nothing better to than to face the computer and communicate with the rest of the world about anything and everything under the sun. Yes and I write to also be a reminder to myself as i take my next step forward that I am only a breath away from the next reality, are you prepared to take the step into the unknown..'The One Step Beyond'. I write this posts of my life like a memoir or a dairy to as a form of practice towards self-discovery, the simple basic question that is my ball of fire thAT i CARRY IN MY GUTS is; Who am I? How do I step out of this circle of life ,death and rebirth once and for all without feeling the guilt of betraying my Bodhisattva Vows that I have taken once upon a time in my adult age at the Zen Buddhist Monastery on a Night of the Full Moon. Yes, I was there then as I am here now I took a vow along with my fellow Zen students of carrying out the Bodhisattva Virtues in the service of humanity So leaving the scene prematurely is not an option, I like the rest of man has to gorge and forge our way through while healing and helping others heal, easing the pains of oneself as well as others, this what it means by to be awaken along with the rest of sentient beings. 

My little girl has grown into a fine lady.

No comments: